Discussion topic: Can’t receive calls on Sky Mobile

This message was authored by BS13 This message was authored by: BS13

Can’t receive calls on Sky Mobile

Both my wife and I have Sky Mobile as well as Sky Talk at home. We have 2 issues in that both of our mobiles regularly are not receiving calls as people regularly tell us that they can't get through to us. Secondly, our home landline (Sky Talk) will not call our mobiles at any time. It goes straight to answer phone. Has anyone else experienced this please? 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can’t receive calls on Sky Mobile

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Mobile Voicemail can not be turned off but you can set it so people can not leave you messages so I would give this a go to see what happens:

On your phone:

Dial 759.
Press 3.
Press 5.
Press 1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
BS13
Topic Author
This message was authored by BS13 This message was authored by: BS13

@caesarome   Many thanks for this. I have tried what you suggest and sadly the problem persists. When I call our mobile from our Sky Talk land line, both go straight to voicemail. Thanks again

This message was authored by Mooncat2009 This message was authored by: Mooncat2009

Im having exactly the same issue . . . but having recently been made redundant . . . I need to receive calls from prospective employers !

Nightmare and nothing Ive tried works !

This message was authored by Mooncat2009 This message was authored by: Mooncat2009

Ive had to set my voicemail message and explain how bad Sky Mobile is . . .  and offer an alternative contact telephone number . . . hopefully this will help ! . . .

But a mobile that intermitently doesnt work . . . terrible !

This message was authored by R0berto,.2215 This message was authored by: R0berto,.2215

I'm still not receiving all calls on my mobile, I've had this issue since the end of June 2022 when I transferred to sky after being made redundant.  This is causing me massive problems with business I'm losing. I've e tried everything that's been recommended to me but still having problems.....

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @R0berto,.2215  have you tried a new sim ? What have sky tried when you called them ?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/replacement-sim#mobile-help-page-technical-contact-us

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by R0berto,.2215 This message was authored by: R0berto,.2215

I've tried 3 SIM cards, the last instructions was to switch off FaceTime and I message, save the number in my number,turn the phone off,turn it back on check Apple idand my number again. Switch FaceTime and I message back on, still didn't work

This message was authored by roddanes This message was authored by: roddanes

Exactly the same problem but apparently no resolution?

I resolved the issue by changing providers . . . now with EE and have to say no issues

This message was authored by RooRoo22 This message was authored by: RooRoo22

Same for us. I have 2 Sky sims. Both at different addrss. 1 is mine & one is my dads.

I regularly cant get him on his mobile and says cannot conntct. Mine is now doing the same thing.

Ive been told by Sky to take myself off 5G after 3 years and this hasnt resolved the issue at all! Now using LTE 3G 2G. Seens to be going back in time 

This message was authored by LauraMarch75 This message was authored by: LauraMarch75

My other half and myself are both Sky Mobile users and ever since we changed to sky from Vodafone we have experienced very bad service between sky mobiles! I have contact sky on serval occasions and completed services checks through My Sky app countless times and nothing has ever been done about it. The main issue we have is call dropping! Sometimes after 1sec and sometimes 20 sec into conversation! This happens at least twice a day. My mum has also just recently changed to sky mobile and the only reason I picked up on it is because our calls started to drop too! 
 . . Sky had the audacity to call me to see if I wanted an upgrade as my contract will be coming to an end in the next few months!!! I assured them that I would not like an upgrade and would be transferring my service to another company as soon as possible and would definitely not me recommending Sky Moble to anybody.

This message was authored by gray112 This message was authored by: gray112

I have the same issue with calls not being received - annoyingly it seems to happen frequently when I'm out late, have booked a taxi and the driver is calling to check my location - every time the driver tells me the call has gone straight to voicemail. A couple of the drivers have also commented that it happens frequently with sky mobile customers. Today I'm sat here with my phone next to me, it hasn’t rung, it has signal yet a call has gone straight to voicemail - the first I know about it is when I get the text message to tell me I have voicemail.

I'm also frequently experiencing the drop out when on calls - makes no difference if I call or receive, they always seem to drop out at some point in the conversation.

I don’t have the time or inclination to sit on the phone (when the call will more than likely drop!) waiting for Sky to give me a 101 reasons why this is happening and to try a multitude of various ‘fixes’ which will in all truth unlikely fix the problem.  I also don’t think Sky mobile are any more competitive with most of the others (apart from EE). Have spoken with friends who are with O2 directly they don’t seem to be experiencing the same issues so I've voted with my custom and ordered both my partner and I new sims which will arrive tomorrow from O2.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@LauraMarch75 @gray112 

See this main thread

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/Unable-to-make-or-receive-calls-or-use-data/td-p/4278104 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Rohit This message was authored by: Rohit

Agree with this thread. Calls to mobile do not show up during the ring and show later as a missed call. I have seen this very often. Is this because sky has a weak network connection ? Is that is the case then I need to switch! The basic use of a cell phone and a cell number is to get a call and if they are unable to give this basic service then that is bad service.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion