Discussion topic: Calls lose quality after a few minutes

This message was authored by Dufob This message was authored by: Dufob

Calls lose quality after a few minutes

I joined Sky in the last month from Vodafone but find that calls lose quality after a few minutes my end only. If I hang up and call again it is perfectly clear then will drop again. This happens at home and out so can't be down to location. This didnt happen with my previous provider before I switched so can't be the phone. This issue has been raised so many times on Sku Community so is clearly a Sky issue, has anyone ever had an actual answer which worked? I have phoned Sky today and been told the usual (they'll send a new sim card, if that doesnt work i'll need to reset my phone) but resetting my phone is a huge inconvenience when it can't be the phone, it is a common Sky mobile issue

All Replies

This message was authored by BOB233 This message was authored by: BOB233

Re: Calls lose quality after a few minutes

I'm really fed up with this as I have exactly the same problem and it's been going on for months. It's not just my phone, but my partner and my son's too. 3 different phones, that all used to work fine, but now calls become muffled/distorted after a couple of minutes. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BOB233 

Is there anything showing here on the netowrk status for you:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services/mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Dufob
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dufob This message was authored by: Dufob

Hi there are no faults according to that screen. I have managed to get sky to escalate it and they are investigating my fault. I received a text saying they're still investigating at which point the problem appeared to have resolved!! Did months of no service and when they start investigations it resolves so my advice to others with this problem is to get them to investigate

This message was authored by BOB233 This message was authored by: BOB233

@caesarome the network checker is saying there are no issues. There's a few different threads on this issue, but it's difficult to describe, therefore there are multiple posts under different subject titles. If they could all be collated, it probably help to get it noticed (and hopefully resolved). 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion