Discussion topic: Additional sim, no data, complaint

This message was authored by Shooey This message was authored by: Shooey

Additional sim, no data, complaint

I bought additional sims for my family and all of them work fine except one. Calls and texts work fine just not data. I work in IT. and am confident I've tried everything., such as wiping the handset, trying a different handset, resetting mobile network settings, etc. I've contacted sky mobile numerous times and each time have had to repeat myself. But in the end I'm no further forward since I activated the sim on May 3rd. I asked for a Replacement sim and was told that wouldn't work. They eventually agreed but said it would take five to seven working days to arrive. But as you'd expect, nothing arrived after 10 days and when I called they said there was no record of such a request. They said the data is safe but the point is we've gor no data on that sim and it still hasn't been sorted. I previously asked to cancel the contract for that sim before the 14 day cooling period passed. But I've already ported a number over and am concerned we'll lose that number. They've managed to drag this issue out so no cancelling will be difficult. So I want to cancel that sim and make a complaint. I'd really appreciate someone from Sky getting in touch. Just looking for some advice and if anyone on here works for Sky Mobile please help.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Additional sim, no data, complaint

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Shooey  have a look here for how to make a complaint. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Shooey wrote:
So I want to cancel that sim and make a complaint. I'd really appreciate someone from Sky getting in touch. Just looking for some advice and if anyone on here works for Sky Mobile please help.

You will have to call Sky again to cancel the sim which you can do if you are in the cooling off period. As for someone getting in touch with you via here that will not happen as this is a customer helps customer forum but someone should do once you have registered a complaint by filling in the online form here:

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Shooey  No one from Sky will contact you on the back of a forum post from an unlinked account as this is a customer helps customer community.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Shooey
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shooey This message was authored by: Shooey

Thanks, I submitted a complaint Thursday 23rd, they replied yesterday (25th). Asked me security  questions so I replied back instantly.  So I'm guessing at this rate it'll be next week before I get anywhere with them.

It's been an absolute nightmare.

I want to cancel the sim on the grounds that the sim still doesn't have data and I requested cancellation before the 14 day cooling off period.  But now that it's gone past that point (not my fault,  it's theirs) I don't know what to do other than complain. I am going to try and go through Ofcom but need a reference number.

I tried to call up yesterday for help converting the sim to an esim, but ended up with no calls or texts to add to not having any data. I got frustrated and told them I needed the reference number for the existing complaint I raised but they couldn't find it.

Som they kept transferring me.  Then after 38 minutes by which time I was on hold, waiting to be transferred for the fourth time, the call ended. Amazingly the entire time they managed to keep me on the line. But as soon as I wanted to complain the line dropped.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion