Discussion topic: £1 charge for free sim

This message was authored by Matthew9517 This message was authored by: Matthew9517

Re: £1 charge for free sim

I agreed a compensation deal with Sky and then promptly left my Sky TV package when the contract ran out earlier this year. I've got more than I had with Sky on BT TV and it's costing me much less! So for the sake of falsely charging me £1 per month 'for life', Sky have missed out on £80+ per month. I think that's a fair swap...

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bigfoot123 wrote:

Has anyopne had success using the Financial Ombuds Service or Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution CIFAS) ?

For information: that kind of scheme will not accept a customer escalation until eight weeks has elapsed or deadlock is reached with the communication provider.

For Sky Broadband, Sky Talk, Sky TV, Sky Mobile the relevant body is CISAS (Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme) which is part of CEDR.

CIFAS is the Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance System, and rather different in intent.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/alternative-dispute-resolution (CISAS)

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/alternative-dispute-resolution-financial-ombudsman-service

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Bigfoot123 This message was authored by: Bigfoot123

Thanks for the advice.  I'm a BT Broadband customer and they offer existing customers special pricing to switch mobile phone and TV providers.   This whole situation is such a shame.  I was a big fan of Sky, so very disappointed to be treated like this after being a customer for many years.  Sky have lied to me and now refuse to put the situation right - what reputable company would do that?  Come on Sky, you can do better.  I will ensure it costs Sky more money than they are trying to gain.  Next steps:  I've already shared my story with a large number of commercial executives who work from home.  I'll report back on the OFCOM case that's been raised and raise a separate dispute through one of the official channels. 

This message was authored by Bigfoot123 This message was authored by: Bigfoot123

Thank you for correcting the typo.  Sky provide the details of CISAS, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution.

Sky have sent me a deadlock letter which I followed up yesterday with no change to their position.  

This message was authored by Disgruntled-Sky This message was authored by: Disgruntled-Sky

Can you post these email or phone calls.

Sky saying they don't keep recordings more than 12 months.

Sky also told me that they only keep recordings for 1-year.  I am awaiting the decision of a complaint raised wIth CISAS.  

I can't share personal email/calls on this forum.  

Sky will have emailed you contract data when you signed up.  The email I received showed the charges and a discount which netted to zero, which is exactly what I would  expect.  I didn't expect Sky to remove the 100% discount as the SIM was free for LIFE.  

This message was authored by Disgruntled-Sky This message was authored by: Disgruntled-Sky

I spoke to them today. I was informed that if I proceed to dispute resolution. They would not discuss this matter any further. I find this very poor practice.

It may be wise to take a further two years discount, enabling more time to contact someone who will be willing to take up the fight on our behalf?

This message was authored by darren198074 This message was authored by: darren198074

Hi got two sky free sin cards at they have just started billing me a pound for I was all so told it was free for life how should i follow this

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you can prove how and when they told you they were free from life then you can put in a complaint:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion