Discussion topic: Watching Sky Q recordings with Sky Go

This message was authored by splinternet This message was authored by: splinternet

Watching Sky Q recordings with Sky Go

I read on a Sky website page that I can watch Sky Q recordings on Sky Go whilst on the same network as the Sky Q box. What if I'm away from home (though still in the UK)?   I can be on the Internet but not on my home network.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Watching Sky Q recordings with Sky Go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@splinternet 

You do have to be in the same property and the same network that the Sky Q box is on for this to work as being somewhere else will not allow you access to the recordings.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@splinternet wrote:

What if I'm away from home (though still in the UK)?   I can be on the Internet but not on my home network.

The only product which ever offered such 'placeshifting' was the now defunct Slingbox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingbox 

Note that you can download most (but not all) Q recordings to a Go device while at home and then watch those elsewhere using the stored data if you have the Go Extra product.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Wollecop This message was authored by: Wollecop

Wenn ich im selben Gebäude und im selben Netzwerk bin brauch ich auch kein sky go mehr um meine Aufnahmen zu sehen. Dann kann ich gleich über meinen sky q receiver schauen. Was für ein Nonsens.

Sky, redet bitte nicht mehr von innovativer und moderner Technik. Das hier ist Mittelalter. 

splinternet
Topic Author
This message was authored by splinternet This message was authored by: splinternet

Which roughly translated says: "If I'm in the same building and on the same network, I no longer need Sky Go to see my recordings. Then I can watch straight away via my sky q receiver. What nonsense.  Sky, please stop talking about innovative and modern technology. This is the Middle Ages."

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion