Discussion topic: Sky Go on apple tv login issues

This message was authored by broadcastmonkey This message was authored by: broadcastmonkey

Sky Go on apple tv login issues

As the titles says, have the relevant subscription with sky glass whole home, just says "an error has occured please try again". Apple tv HD and Apple tv 4K same issue. unable to login. Have been able to login to the mac apple ipad iphone windows pc and even my xbox and use all of them without issue. apple tv app? just wont let me even login. have tried deleting and re-installing etc first thing i tried but no go.

Best Answers
This message was authored by NatureBouy This message was authored by: NatureBouy Answer

Re: Sky Go on apple tv login issues

I had this. Way i resolved is by logging in on Sky Go iPhone app. I was promoted to set an additional security question, which I did. Could log in on Apple TV fine after this

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SkaroKaled This message was authored by: SkaroKaled

Same issue here ☹️

This message was authored by NatureBouy This message was authored by: NatureBouy Answer

I had this. Way i resolved is by logging in on Sky Go iPhone app. I was promoted to set an additional security question, which I did. Could log in on Apple TV fine after this

This message was authored by SkaroKaled This message was authored by: SkaroKaled

Thanks, sadly this didn't work for me though. Even tried signing out and back into the iPhone app and wasn't promoted for another security question. My creds are definitely right as I could sign back into the phone fine. Very odd!

broadcastmonkey
Topic Author
This message was authored by broadcastmonkey This message was authored by: broadcastmonkey

Many thanks for this. Did that and now it work's. Cheers 

This message was authored by Bradthelad This message was authored by: Bradthelad

No, I can't get back in,  any other ideas would be welcome. We don't have multiroom but we do have Sky Go Extra. 

This message was authored by Al316 This message was authored by: Al316

According to this you need Sky Q Multiscreen or Sky Glass Whole Home to use the Apple TV app https://www.macrumors.com/2022/07/28/sky-go-launches-on-apple-tv/

I can't find a definitive answer on Sky's website though. 

This message was authored by Ben141992 This message was authored by: Ben141992

Try doing it on an android if you have access to one, it wouldn't prompt on my iPhone but did on my wife's samsung

This message was authored by FGordon1962 This message was authored by: FGordon1962

I have just purchased Sky Q multiscreen, but it won't let me log in to the Apple TV Sky Go app as it doesn't recognise that I have bought that service. Any help?

@FGordon1962 wrote:

I have just purchased Sky Q multiscreen

If you have added this to your account today then I would give it 24 hours as it can sometimes take this long for other services to start working.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by STURJ This message was authored by: STURJ

I had this very same issue. I use Sky Stream and have Whole Home. I could get SkyGo to work on all platforms aside from AppleTV.  I saw some other posts saying open SkyGo on an IOS phone, answer a security question and all will work.  I however have an Android phone and did not get any security prompt.  I am happy to report that I have since registered SkyGo to my Apple Laptop, this brought up the prompt asking me to add a security question and AppleTV launched successfully immediately after completing this.

I still have this issue on Apple TV.  I can log on to  other platforms (Mac, Windows, Xbox etc) but the Apple TV always says it does not recognise my username or password even though I know the creds are fine.

Any ideas?

This message was authored by Claire+Lynda This message was authored by: Claire+Lynda

Just want to access paramount Plus please

@Claire+Lynda 

On what device do you want to access it ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion