Discussion topic: Sky Go on PS5 - error a18b42e2 and 69bcb666

This message was authored by B2R2 This message was authored by: B2R2

Sky Go on PS5 - error a18b42e2 and 69bcb666

I'm having issues with Sky Go on my PS5 - it won't connect on WiFi. I get one of two error codes a18b42e2 or 69bcb666. 

I've tried changing the frequency on my WiFi or doing a wired connection but have the same issue.

The only way I can get it to work is connect to a mobile hotspot, open Sky Go and then switch back onto WiFi once Sky go has connected. This only works while Sky go is open. If I close it, use a different app and then try and go back to it, it doesn't work. 

it seems others have had the same issue but can't find a definitive fix. Any ideas? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Sky Go on PS5 - error a18b42e2 and 69bcb666

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @B2R2 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Villabrand100 This message was authored by: Villabrand100

Re: Sky Go on PS5 - error a18b42e2 and 69bcb666

Had the same problem on my PS4. Worked out it was the IPV4 internet address. Logged into the router settings (Linksys) and clicked on "Release and renew". Once that IP address was renewed sky go app would work.

Hope this helps

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion