Discussion topic: Remote Recording on Sky+

This message was authored by Willguylee1 This message was authored by: Willguylee1

Remote Recording on Sky+

Can someone tell me if it's still possible to remote record on Sky+? I know you used to be able to use the Sky+ app but that's no longer available. Using the Sky Go app, I find the programme, press record once on sky box, and it says the request has been sent but it doesn't record.

Even if it were to work, we have two sky boxes, so how does the app to know which box to send the recording to?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Remote Recording on Sky+

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Willguylee1 wrote:

Can someone tell me if it's still possible to remote record on Sky+?

@Willguylee1 

It is still possible but as you have discovered you can not use the TV Guide so you will have to use the search to find the content you want to remote record.

@Willguylee1 wrote:

Using the Sky Go app, I find the programme, press record once on sky box, and it says the request has been sent but it doesn't record.

It should work as it does for me so are you logged into the app with the correct Sky ID ?

@Willguylee1 wrote:

Even if it were to work, we have two sky boxes, so how does the app to know which box to send the recording to?

I think the only way to do it is tow set up a second ID that is set to remote record to Box 2 then you will need to make sure you are logged into the app with the correct Sky ID.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion