Discussion topic: Sky Go on PS4

This message was authored by RobGlee86 This message was authored by: RobGlee86

Sky Go on PS4

Hello. I have just tried watching through Sky Go on my PS4 for the first time since I went live last weekend, but I am getting an error saying I need sky go extra. It has been working fine on my mobile phone, and I even removed my mobile to see if that would allow the PS4 to work but still got the the same error. I understand I can use 2 devices on Sky Go anyways, so could somebody please tell me how to resolve this? Thanks!

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Go on PS4

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RobGlee86 

As the message says you do need Sky Go Extra to be able to use the app on a console such as yours. This is not needed to use it via tablets and phones etc..

For Sky Go Extra you’ll need a Sky Multiscreen subscription or a Sky Glass Whole Home subscription or you can pay the monthly cost of £5 for it. It can also be free if you are a Sky Mobile customer or via Sky VIP as a reward. So give Sky a call who will work out the best way to get it added to your account. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@RobGlee86 

As the message says you do need Sky Go Extra to be able to use the app on a console such as yours. This is not needed to use it via tablets and phones etc..

For Sky Go Extra you’ll need a Sky Multiscreen subscription or a Sky Glass Whole Home subscription or you can pay the monthly cost of £5 for it. It can also be free if you are a Sky Mobile customer or via Sky VIP as a reward. So give Sky a call who will work out the best way to get it added to your account. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@RobGlee86 wrote:

It has been working fine on my mobile phone, and I even removed my mobile to see if that would allow the PS4 to work but still got the the same error. I understand I can use 2 devices on Sky Go anyways, so could somebody please tell me how to resolve this?

As @caesarome indicates, it's not actually the same app, and has different subscription requirements.  Go on Android, iOS, Windows and OSX is covered by a baseline Sky subscription, but 'TV from Sky' on consoles and Apple TV hardware necessitates Multiscreen or Whole Home as well.  This is a relatively recent change which has generated multiple posts to this forum.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
RobGlee86
Topic Author
This message was authored by RobGlee86 This message was authored by: RobGlee86

@caesarome @TimmyBGood Thankyou both for your help. When I checked my Sky Account I get the sky go extra for free via the rewards so all sorted now. I used to use it through the PS4 before the changes so I can imagine there's plenty of people who post about the same thing!

This message was authored by PlaystationSky This message was authored by: PlaystationSky

I have been using the Sky app on my Playstation 4 for some time (years). Today I tried to go on and am receiving this message:

Your Sky content cannot currently be viewed in this country

I am in the UK, the same place I have always been, and do not use any kind of VPN. My Playstation did run some kind of update, I have no idea if this is connected.

Can anybody help?

This message was authored by PlaystationSky This message was authored by: PlaystationSky

@caesarome - you seem very knowledgable

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

Thank you so much

This message was authored by disae This message was authored by: disae

Had similar problem on PS4 today. Check with Sky on them phone that Sky Go Extra was still active - it was. Finally solved it by switching router off and on. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion