Discussion topic: Sky Go not working on 2 Window 11 systems and a Mac

This message was authored by petevick1 This message was authored by: petevick1

Sky Go not working on 2 Window 11 systems and a Mac

Sky Go is not working on  both my Windows 11 systems, and my Mac Mini. All systems are running latest version of the OS.

Sky Go starts, displays 'Downloading Update" and then just sits there with a blue screen. Tried dropping the firewall - no diffference. It can't be the network as it runs on the iPad and iPhone . Uninstalled and downloaded 23.5.1 and re-installed - no difference.

Any clues???

Best Answers
petevick1
Topic Author
This message was authored by petevick1 This message was authored by: petevick1 Answer

Re: Sky Go not working on 2 Window 11 systems and a Mac

Sorted it!
Uninstall Sky Go, and then go to 'manage devices' and remove the PC that is causing the problem.

The download the SkyGo installer, and run it. It will ask about cookies, and then will prompt for you uset name and password. And it works - or at least that worked for me!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Cudd This message was authored by: Cudd

I have exactly the same issue with the same version of sky go on my mac. Sits there on blue screen and does nothing. I have even deleyed the app and re downloaded it. Still the same. 

This message was authored by Cudd This message was authored by: Cudd

Deleted* the app

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session as we have not received further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

petevick1
Topic Author

you were referring it to the development team, and haven't had a response. I have not got a solution to this and the ball is in your court!

petevick1
Topic Author
This message was authored by petevick1 This message was authored by: petevick1 Answer

Sorted it!
Uninstall Sky Go, and then go to 'manage devices' and remove the PC that is causing the problem.

The download the SkyGo installer, and run it. It will ask about cookies, and then will prompt for you uset name and password. And it works - or at least that worked for me!

This message was authored by Petesmit This message was authored by: Petesmit

Recent Chat with Sky re SkyGo not working new SSD and clean install of Windows 11...worked fine prior to this on Windows 11....

I'm really sorry you've been having issues with the Sky Go on your PC. Having checked your account and our faults page, It is something that we are aware of and support teams are investigating this issue.

I can see you have tried most things to resolve, but currently our only suggested work arounds are as followed

1: Restarting the app (this could take several attempts)

2: Closing down other applications that are currently open, then attempt to open Sky Go

3: Shutting down the device (not restart) and turning it back on, then retrying Sky Go

4: Try opening the app when connected to a different broadband connection (at work / home / mobile tethering)

If none of these options work then unfortunately we will just have to wait for a fix to be in place and currently we do not have an estimated date as to when this will be, but the resolution is being worked on.

petevick1
Topic Author

Please see my answer from 25 Aug 

Thanks

Have tried everything numerous times but to no avail

This message was authored by Brandonm17 This message was authored by: Brandonm17

I am having this same issue, The app opens and i can go into settings etc but TV Guide, movies etc will not work, this issue only happened recently, Was working fine before Christmas 

This was posted elsewhere by another user and after anoither update gfrom Sky rendering the app not working again I tried this and it worked

23 Feb 2024 05:25 PM

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee.

Give this a try:

Right-click on the Sky Go app and click on Compatibility.
Go to change settings for all users at bottom of pop-up.
Check the boxes "Run as administrator" AND the box beneath that says "Register this Program for Restart".

Click Apply.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion