Discussion topic: Sky Go error -PFE 9303 - it thinks I'm running video capture software

This message was authored by elkay62 This message was authored by: elkay62

Sky Go error -PFE 9303 - it thinks I'm running video capture software

Hi,

Happily used Sky Go on my PC, watching it on my laptop screen whilst working on documents on a secondary screen. At on epoint, I took a screenshot of what I was working on - and the screenshot appeared to pick up both screens.

Shortly after, I got a message that Sky Go had detected video capture software running on my PC, and I needed to stop it to run Sky Go. I can't find any video capture running. I did try stopping Screenpresso, which I use for screen capture, but I still get the message. Help also lists potential problem programs, and suggests how to find them in the Task Manager. Unfortunately, it doesn't recognise the scale of the task of checking a dozen programs against literally hundreds of processes/services. The programs listed don't appear in the apps list in the Task Manager. 

How can I find the program that is causing the problem?

Note:

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling.

Also - Sky Go works under a different Windows account, unfortunately I want to use it on the account where I am doing my work.

Any suggestions?

elkay62

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Go error -PFE 9303 - it thinks I'm running video capture software

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try the ones that are shown here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/error-code-pfe-9903

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Is the Window snipping tool running in the background as this is known to cause this issue with Sky Go. Also anything capable of capturing pictures, video and sounds needs to be stopped.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
elkay62
Topic Author

@caesarome 

Not that I can see. I've stopped Screenpresso, and can't see anything else that is running - I've checked the system tray, and app switcher. But the problem is when I go into Task Manager, there are literally hundreds of services/processes, and it is impossible to check each one to see if it break's Sky's rules.

I can understand Sky being careful about illegal copying, but they need to be more helpful when their tools think they have found something. E.g. if they have detected something, they should say what they have detected. As I said, it appears to have been inadvertently triggered when I was taking a screenshot on another screen. Before that, it seemed to be happy.

regards

elkay62

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Try the ones that are shown here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/error-code-pfe-9903

elkay62
Topic Author

@caesarome 

Those were actually the ones I was checking for, my issue was finding which one was the culprit of it the hundreds in my task manager. I found it eventually, thanks. But Sky should really be more helpful with their message and the solution  - this is beyond what most people I know could deal with.

Thanks 
elkay62 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion