Discussion topic: Sky Go appalling F1 catch up service.

This message was authored by DisgruntledF1 This message was authored by: DisgruntledF1

Sky Go appalling F1 catch up service.

Hi, why does sky go not allow us to watch catch ups/on demand F1 sessions?  Missed the qualifying live as was staying away in UK. Had a free couple of hours so I thought I would catch up.

Only allowed to download to my sky box!! WTH?  There was no way to watch it on the go.

My colleague had a fire stick he paid £80 for the year! (I'm paying £150 a month!), and we watched the sky qualifying on that on demand.

Why on earth are the illegal streams providing a better service to the content than us legitimately trying to support the sports?

Sat there glad to watch the qualifying but also extremely furious that £1800 a year to sky is shown up by a dude with a hooked fire stick!

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Go appalling F1 catch up service.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

With the Sky Go ap even though the content could well be there it doesn't mean that it can be watched via the app itself which is what appears to have happened in this case and the usual reason for this is due to right restrictions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

With the Sky Go ap even though the content could well be there it doesn't mean that it can be watched via the app itself which is what appears to have happened in this case and the usual reason for this is due to right restrictions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DisgruntledF1 wrote:

Why on earth are the illegal streams providing a better service to the content than us legitimately trying to support the sports?

Presumably because, being provided by criminals, they aren't restricted by petty legalities associated with distribution rights for particular content.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
DisgruntledF1
Topic Author
This message was authored by DisgruntledF1 This message was authored by: DisgruntledF1

Understood, but my god it makes Sky look like the criminals.  Taking an enormous amount of money and not giving us access to the content on demand.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@DisgruntledF1 wrote:

Understood, but my god it makes Sky look like the criminals.  Taking an enormous amount of money and not giving us access to the content on demand.

Can't understand why you say that the Sky Go F1 catch up service is appalling based on one Qualifying race only available to download and not watch on demand

If you missed the scheduled race wasn't it available to watch later on via the Sky Go app

Not sure what the issue is seeing as you can Remote Download to the Sky Q box via Sky Go but each too their own I guess.

This message was authored by LoneWolf4716 This message was authored by: LoneWolf4716

it's not just 1 session though its every practice, qualifying and race every weekend

just now the itallian Gp was today the qualifying and full race isnt available but the highlights of the race are which for a fan is ridiculous.

This message was authored by TheDrownedApe This message was authored by: TheDrownedApe

What a nonsense response. 

How is downloading to our Q box helpful if you are away from the house for the weekend. Please try and not enflame annoyed users with comments like this.

I'm in the same boat OP. Away this coming weekend and will miss the whole event if I can't watch it live.  Why pay for the content if I can't catchup on the app?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@TheDrownedApe wrote:

What a nonsense response. 

How is downloading to our Q box helpful if you are away from the house for the weekend. Please try and not enflame annoyed users with comments like this.

I'm in the same boat OP. Away this coming weekend and will miss the whole event if I can't watch it live.  Why pay for the content if I can't catchup on the app?

Does Sky Q not have the ability to record F1, So you can watch it when you get back home?????? Why must it be watched live?

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by TheDrownedApe This message was authored by: TheDrownedApe

Did you even read the thread? another excellent "superuser".  No one wants to watch it live, we want to watch it at our convenience on our tablet/phone whilst away from our home.

I'm away for a week and it will have plenty of time to watch the FP, Qualy and GP in the early hours of the following morning. However Sky won't let me even though i have a subscription and have reocrded the programmes on my box. THIS is the issue. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion