Discussion topic: Sky Go app

This message was authored by Garyj This message was authored by: Garyj

Sky Go app

When going to Recordings on the Sky Go app, I get a message saying "Cannot connect to Sky Q box" I have been using this facility for a long time without any problems. I have checked that all settings are correct and have now uninstalled the app and re-installed it, now tecordings has gone from the menu

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Go app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Garyj wrote:

When going to Recordings on the Sky Go app, I get a message saying "Cannot connect to Sky Q box" I have been using this facility for a long time without any problems. I have checked that all settings are correct and have now uninstalled the app and re-installed it, now tecordings has gone from the menu

Hi @Garyj 

Do you still have the Sky Q Monthly Multiscreen subscription?

I'm sure you are aware that you can only connect to your Q box whilst at home on your Network

Garyj
Topic Author

yes I still have Multiscreen. I am using a HP Chromebook

Garyj
Topic Author

Just checked my tablet and app is working fine so must bee the Chrome OS update that has caused ther problem

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried a reboot of both your tablet and the box ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Garyj
Topic Author

Yesterday both my Chromebook and tablet connected to my Sky Q box, later in the day neither would connect. This suggests to me that the problem might be with the Q box, I have downloaded the latest software but still not working 

Garyj
Topic Author

Update on my problems with Sky Go app. When using my Chromebook App occasionally connects with Q box and works fine, the rest of the time I get the message saying there is no Q box to connect to, but my tablet connects ok so I have to watch on that. I have no idea why it should be so erratic.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion