Discussion topic: Re: Difficulty installing Sky go app

This message was authored by JerryMarshall This message was authored by: JerryMarshall

Re: Difficulty installing Sky go app

Hi, I have installed Sky Go on my windows laptop several times and each time the app opens it says downloading updates and that's all. Nothing happens after that. In task manager it shows Sky Go four times!

Best Answers
JerryMarshall
Topic Author
This message was authored by JerryMarshall This message was authored by: JerryMarshall Answer

I'm using Windows 11 that is up to date and Total AV virus protection. It says the app needs to be enhanced or elevated. 🤔

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JerryMarshall 

Uninstall the Sky Go app and then go to 'C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming (ensure hidden files/folders are visible) and delete the following folders:

Sky
Sky Go

And if it is present (it might not be) the Cisco and/or Synamedia folder in App\Data\LocalLow.
Empty your recycle bin.

Reboot your PC and then download and install the Sky Go app again via here:

https://www.sky.com/watch/sky-go/windows

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
JerryMarshall
Topic Author
This message was authored by JerryMarshall This message was authored by: JerryMarshall

Thanks, I'll try that and hopefully it will work. I'll let you know. 👍

JerryMarshall
Topic Author

I've tried to do as you say, but now when I get to the end of the installation I get an error 704 and it doesn't complete.

This message was authored by RFS123 This message was authored by: RFS123

Which version of Windows do you have - 10 or 11? And is it up to date?  And do you have any antivirus or antimalware products installed?Don't know much about how Skygo works, but having 4 tasks in Task Manager is normal.  

R
JerryMarshall
Topic Author
This message was authored by JerryMarshall This message was authored by: JerryMarshall Answer

I'm using Windows 11 that is up to date and Total AV virus protection. It says the app needs to be enhanced or elevated. 🤔

This message was authored by RFS123 This message was authored by: RFS123

Sounds to me like this Total AV is interfering with the app.  I would suggest disabling it, or uninstalling, and see if that fixes the problem. Disabling it does not leave you unprotected, as the in-built Windows Defender will automaically activate.  I'm happy just with Defender on my PCs - I think it's a good AV program and it's free. 

R

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion