Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by Sandi+dee This message was authored by: Sandi+dee

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Finally, this issue was sorted out. I thought..Great , just in time to watch F1 live. The program loaded just fine and even ran but it was unwatchable!! It was so slow and pixelated, you couldn't see what was on the screen. So now the first 3 races of the season missed. When will sky get their act together??

•  

This message was authored by Mpblackman This message was authored by: Mpblackman

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

cannot connect to sky q box , i'm using a Lenovo ideapad 5 and the chrome OS below.Screenshot 2022-04-13 22.58.31.png

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

SKY YOU NEED TO HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME AS TO THE LACK OF YOUR SUPPORT.

I FOR ONE WILL BE CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION.

This message was authored by Lynn+V+M This message was authored by: Lynn+V+M

Sky have emailed me yo say that they don't have a beta version for my Asus chromebook 😞

This message was authored by Jucrom This message was authored by: Jucrom

I am totally appalled by the attitude of sky on this issue. I have numerous emails promising a fix to the problem I have been informed twice, falsely I may add, that engineers had identified the problem and a fix would be out in 7 days.  My sky go app worked without issue up to February 2022, but since then keeps crashing.  Somebody at sky surely has the ability to resolve this app issue. Appalling treatment of paying customers. 

This message was authored by Lynn+V+M This message was authored by: Lynn+V+M

I was hoping to try but asked sky which version to download and they said there isn't beta version for Chomebooks 😞

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lynn+V+M 

I posted the link for you earlier as you should be able to install the Beta version as that is why Sky posted a link to it in this very discussion.

This is a more direct link so scroll down to the "Join on Andriod" section and follow the instructions:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Join-Sky-Go-Mobile-Beta-Program/td-p/3494344

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by efcjr This message was authored by: efcjr Answer

Just came across another thread regarding the error codec 14 error as nothing was being done by Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Codec-14-error-on-SKY-GO-on-Chromebook/td-p/3702615/page/4

Followed post 48 by JOST77 and now livetv is working.

This message was authored by Joose This message was authored by: Joose

That's fixed it for me too:

Going to Chrome://flags and searching for 'video'. Then disable 'WEBRTC Hardware video decoding' and 'Hardware-accelerated video decode'.

Thank you @JOST77

This message was authored by nicky15 This message was authored by: nicky15

I really wanted this to work - but it didn't. I still error 14 message and no video.😖

This message was authored by efcjr This message was authored by: efcjr

Did you disable both WEBRTC Hardware video decoding' and 'Hardware-accelerated video decode?

I only did one and it didn't work then reread it and you need to do both.

This message was authored by nicky15 This message was authored by: nicky15

Yes, I did both, then tried them individually - still no go.

This message was authored by Rich59 This message was authored by: Rich59

I did both and miraculously it worked after restarting.  Thanks for the advice 

This message was authored by Jinsta This message was authored by: Jinsta

This has been going on for months, if this was an IT issue it would have been resolved by now. Sky are not supporting Chromebooks anymore,, I've done everything, Beta etc and it still doesn't work properly, I don't think it ever will....shocking service from Sky but can't say I'm surprised!!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does doing everything @Jinsta include the fix that is working for others in the posts above yours ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion