Discussion topic: Error code PFE 4100

This message was authored by RobinHood1000 This message was authored by: RobinHood1000

Error code PFE 4100

I cannot view nearly all programmes. I can see the listings but they don't launch properly. The error code is PFE 4100 each time. I have tried to unistall the app then restart my pc then reinstall but this hasn't had any effect. Please could you help. Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Famousfamily4 This message was authored by: Famousfamily4 Answer

Re: Error code PFE 4100

I just rebooted and miracle of miracles its working now,  I assume its skys stupid checking to see if your in the UK but they will never tell you that, funny how before the brexit shambles it was fine to watch out of the UK and now its not , and sky seem to have been completely unable to negotiate the deal that was previously agreed with the EU, even though f1tv have the rights. Not saying that's the issue but as the app loads and tries to play the program then gives the 4100 error after about 30secs something must be going on , anyway rant over its working after a reboot and windows 11 recent updates 

geeps

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When uninstallimg did you also remove the hidden files and folders it uses as per this:

Uninstall the Sky Go app and then go to 'C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming (ensure hidden files/folders are visible) and delete the following folders:

Sky
Sky Go

And if it is present the Cisco folder is App\Data\LocalLow.
Empty your recycle bin.

Reboot your PC and then download and install the Sky Go app again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
RobinHood1000
Topic Author
This message was authored by RobinHood1000 This message was authored by: RobinHood1000

Thanks @caesarome I tried what you suggested. I don't seem to have a file C:/Users/ [myusername]/AppData or App/Data to clear but did the other steps and when launching the reinstalled app received the same error code PFE 4100. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@RobinHood1000 wrote:

I don't seem to have a file C:/Users/ [myusername]/AppData or App/Data to clear

You should have, so have you gone via My Computer/ This PC on your deskptop then go to the C drive ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
RobinHood1000
Topic Author

Thanks @caesarome I did and nothing there. I found and deleted all Sky files there.

RobinHood1000
Topic Author

Hello Sky. Anyone ready to help please? Thanks

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

FYI, This forum is primarily customer-to-customer help

This message was authored by Rambo256 This message was authored by: Rambo256

Following this thread- please can we be notified of a fix? I have the same problem- I have a MAC- sky go was working fine then 2 days ago this issue has happened. have tried rebooting- deleted everything and signed out and back in.

This message was authored by tjar This message was authored by: tjar

Same issue for me on a mac. Just the last two days.

This message was authored by matt2b This message was authored by: matt2b

Same here, was fine a few days ago, but on Thursday (27th July) it came up with PFE4100 error. Have uninstalled and re-installed without success.

This message was authored by Abeer4 This message was authored by: Abeer4

i have same problem tried everything any help please

This message was authored by stratfordman This message was authored by: stratfordman

Sky Go will open,I can choose the porogramme to warch but it will not open.

Up until yesterday Sky Go working fine,but now so frustrating.

Error code PFe 4100.

Help please.

This message was authored by Maggie166 This message was authored by: Maggie166

Thank you for that, but ..... I did all that on the laptop and found the hidden files etc and now have the error message DO-0 ?

This message was authored by Maggie166 This message was authored by: Maggie166

I have just had a response from Sky and they have pointed me to the sky guide on installing Skygo.

please can someone explain to them that it all worked before and they have caused the problem with an update or changes to their app and they are the ones who should be sorting it. I am sooo angry with the whole thing. 

This message was authored by Terry+Gib This message was authored by: Terry+Gib

Thanks,

Tried all these recomendations, and removed/reinsatlled the app afterwards.

.....and.......no difference.

So frustating.

Any body ideas. Can Sky help, as I am so disheartened.

Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion