Discussion topic: Error Code 01 or 0002 using Sky Go on a Mac with OS Sonoma

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Error Code 01 or 0002 using Sky Go on a Mac with OS Sonoma

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'd assume Sky have metrics over the devices where Sky Go is being used and perhaps MacBooks and IMacs are such a small percentage they have decided it's not worth the development resources to create and support an app on the new Apple processors.

my guess would be that they prioritise mobile devices of phones and tablets rather than laptops and computers for Sky Go.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by bluegolf This message was authored by: bluegolf

You are undoubtedly right but I cannot think that it is beyond the wit of man to update the app for M1 Apple devices. The cost/benefit ratio must be neglible.

it is intersting to note that no one from Sky could answer the question, not even the Experts!

This message was authored by BazzerUK This message was authored by: BazzerUK Answer

Now sorted - 

BazzerUK_0-1705077360782.png

brh
This message was authored by MattiaFontanell This message was authored by: MattiaFontanell

I tried this solution (multiple times), but it won't work on my computer (Sonoma 14.2.1).

Has anybody had better luck?

This message was authored by BazzerUK This message was authored by: BazzerUK

@MattiaFontanell 

Mine is M2 runing Sonoma 14.2.1

Try this - 

The first time I tried it after deleting all the files, I too still got the error message.

When is says the error code, don't give up, click "try again" WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE DELETION PROCESS AGAIN. After two more attempts at clicking try again,  I got a differnet message which then took me through the process of logging into Sky and it worked, so there is no reason why it shouldn't for you.

Good Luck

ps - this answer was originally posted by @OwainGlyndwr  - all credit must go to him and my son, who found the post!!

brh
This message was authored by MattiaFontanell This message was authored by: MattiaFontanell

Can't believe it was this simple, now it works! Thank you for the help.

This message was authored by Loumac100 This message was authored by: Loumac100

Massive thanks for this!! Worked after two attempts of 'Try Again'. I was going mad doing the whole deleting files nonsense over and over! Thanks for sharing @OwainGlyndwr orignal tip!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion