Discussion topic: Error Code 01 or 0002 using Sky Go on a Mac with OS Sonoma

This message was authored by BoE1 This message was authored by: BoE1

Error Code 01 or 0002 using Sky Go on a Mac with OS Sonoma

When trying to watch live tv on SKY GO from my iMAC (Sonoma 14.0) I get an error code 0002. I've never had that before. Have un-installed and re-installed the app. No joy. Error code still there. Am I the only one?

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

Best Answers
This message was authored by BazzerUK This message was authored by: BazzerUK Answer

Re: Error Code 01 or 0002 using Sky Go on a Mac with OS Sonoma

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Error Code 0002 using SKY Go on my iMAC

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @BoE1 , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @BoE1 

An invite was sent but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by bluegolf This message was authored by: bluegolf

I have the same problem

Skygo working with MacOS Sonona

Have installed Skygo app on my IMac with macOS Sonona but it does not work. Error code 001. Is Skygo supposed to run on iMac? Have tried deleting all Skygo references and reinstalling but it still does not work! 

Any ideas?

This message was authored by UnrealityTV This message was authored by: UnrealityTV

Re: Skygo working with MacOS Sonona

@bluegolf wrote:

Have installed Skygo app on my IMac with macOS Sonona but it does not work. Error code 001. Is Skygo supposed to run on iMac? Have tried deleting all Skygo references and reinstalling but it still does not work! 

Any ideas?

How old is your iMac?

I have Sky Go (Version 23.5.1) running perfectly on Sonoma on a MacBook Air (M1 with 16Gb RAM)

My iMac is about 2 weeks old. Sonona is 14.0. Download app from sky site. Install then says cannot connect with error code 001.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Could something on your Mac be blocking it like a firewall or another app ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Firewall switched off still no joy. No other apps to my knowledge blocking anything.

Any further ideas greatfully received.

This message was authored by EGANSMIND This message was authored by: EGANSMIND

I am getting the same problem - I got a new Mac and now its not working 

Re: Error Code 0001 using SKY Go on my iMAC

Given that the SKY GO app as downloaded from the Sky webite works on my Apple Ipad ios 17.0, my Macbook Air but does not work on my IMAc running Sonona, surely it must be a Sky Go propblem, Have deleted app, removed firewall reinstalled app but still get errro code 001. Incidentally the website veraion says 2018!

CAn somebody at Sky at least look at the oproblem

This message was authored by BazzerUK This message was authored by: BazzerUK

I have the same problem - new Mac air set up today. I thought it might be that i have exceeded number of applications allowed, but have removed old mac and my old phone still getting error message oo1 - HELP!!

brh
This message was authored by BazzerUK This message was authored by: BazzerUK

Re: Sky Go not working on my Mac.... using mac OS Ventura

Sadly i have just set up my. new Mac Air - now have error code 001 😡

brh
This message was authored by designerlondon This message was authored by: designerlondon

Re: Sky Go not working on my Mac.... using mac OS Ventura

Are you using  a mac with new silicon M processor? Sky aren't making an app for that. Older ones with intel i3/5/7/9 etc are all good. 

---------------------------------------
Sky Q since Feb 2018, 2TB Box (Community Fibre 1GBbps), Sky Full Package, UHD, 2 x Multiscreen, VIP, MacBook Pro M2 Max 16” / 96GB / 2TB SSD / Ventura 13.6.1, iMac 27” 4 GHz Quad-Core i7 / 32GB / 2TB fusion / 4GB AMD Radeon R9 M239X, Monterey 12.7, iPhone 13 Pro / 256GB / iOS 16,6.1, iPad Air 2, 1080p TVs only

If it is true that Sky are not building an app for an Apple M1 processor then that is crazy. Who wants to keep watching on an iPAD when you can watch on a big screen. Come on SKY get your act together.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion