Discussion topic: Apple and SkyGo

This message was authored by Mistress+Mary This message was authored by: Mistress+Mary

Apple and SkyGo

Hi I'm wondering why my son is able to load SkyGo on his PlayStation and yet I'm unable to load the same Sky Go app on my Apple TV box! Come on guys .... you promised this in April 2022. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Apple and SkyGo

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you have Apple TV and have the relevant multiscreen or Sky Glass Whole Home sub on your account then you can install the app via the Apple TV.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mirvine1 This message was authored by: Mirvine1

cause there isnt an app for the apple TV box?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mistress+Mary 

Given that they are completely different operating systems, it won't be 'the same Sky Go app'.

Sky was asking for trial users back in April, for a launch 'in the summer'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by thecork3004 This message was authored by: thecork3004

@Mirvine1 wrote:

cause there isnt an app for the apple TV box?

There is, and many of us are currently trialling it...

Mistress+Mary
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mistress+Mary This message was authored by: Mistress+Mary

Thanls Thats really interesting to know .... have you any idea as to when the trial will end? A sky technician told me about the trial and I have signed up but haven't been accepted as yet. 

This message was authored by thecork3004 This message was authored by: thecork3004

@Mistress+Mary wrote:

Thanls Thats really interesting to know .... have you any idea as to when the trial will end? A sky technician told me about the trial and I have signed up but haven't been accepted as yet. 

Nope no idea but they are constantly releasing updates to it whilst they test..

Mistress+Mary
Topic Author

So the Sky Go app is now available on Apple's App Store. I've downloaded it only to be told that in order to access Sky go I need a multi screen subscription. Has this happened to anyone else.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Mistress+Mary wrote:

Has this happened to anyone else.

Yes everybody will have seen this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

@Mistress+Mary wrote:

So the Sky Go app is now available on Apple's App Store. I've downloaded it only to be told that in order to access Sky go I need a multi screen subscription. Has this happened to anyone else.

Yes - this is a requirement of the Apple TV app as despite being sky "go" it is not a mobile device, it another tv screen, hence the need for multi screen 

Mistress+Mary
Topic Author

@thecork3004 @Thanks I understand the reason behind it.  Will I always need to run a wired Sky box in order to access Sky Go on my TV. 

@Mistress+Mary wrote:

Will I always need to run a wired Sky box in order to access Sky Go on my TV. 

I think you are getting a bit muddled here, Apple TV is a device that you can now install Sky Go on, you can not install the app on any other TV.

Mistress+Mary
Topic Author

@caesarome @Sorry I wasn't clear .... I have an Apple Box through which I run my Apps and hoped to be able to add Sky Go to the Apps on the Apple Box in the same way as BBC iPlayer .... avoiding the need for a wired Sky connection but still paying a Sky subscription 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

If you have Apple TV and have the relevant multiscreen or Sky Glass Whole Home sub on your account then you can install the app via the Apple TV.

This message was authored by AFD This message was authored by: AFD

So sky go will work on a PlayStation plugged into a tv but won't work on an Apple TV plugged into a tv unless you pay an extra £15 for multiRoom?

For Sky Go on a Play Station you need Sky Go Extra which costs £5 a month or is free under certain circumstances but yes Sky have said you need multiscreen on your account before being able to use the app on Apple TV.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion