Discussion topic: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

This message was authored by Michaelwx This message was authored by: Michaelwx

The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

Hello All. The Sky Go app recently updated and since then if I try and use 'Watch Now' the programme starts but after about 3 seconds the picture freezes, then after about another 10 seconds the sound stops and I get "The codec reorted an error. Error code 14".

I'm using a Samsung tablet, it was ll working fine until recently, the only change is the actual app update. I've deleted and reinstalled the app.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure how the Sky app can have a codec problem with it's own content.

Thanks.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

On your tablet so to Settings > Apps > Sky Go and force close it then reboot your tablet and try again to use it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Michaelwx
Topic Author

I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've cleared the cache, I've done a force stop, i've rebooted the tablet in every order possible,

I'm still getting a this error message when using the On Now facility after what appears to be a random amount of time. Sometimes it plays for a few seconds, sometimes nearly 2 minutes before the picture freezes and then the audio stops a few seconds later and I get the error message.

It seems starnge that it says it's a codec error. If the codec wasn't working then surely it just wouldn't play anything at all, and I don't see how Sky's own app wouldn't have the right codec for it's own content.

Any futher ideas would be appreciated.

Is this the only way to report such an issue. Sky website just says to ask the community if one of it's few standard troubleshoots are not relevant.

This message was authored by paul1360 This message was authored by: paul1360

@Michaelwx

This is 1 of those issue's that crop up for some and then disappear and it may come back or not. I seem to get it for a few days and then it's gone. I am able to stream after I've clicked ok

I take you are using Sky Go Ver 6.0.3

What Model Tab do you have??

What OS is the Tab running??

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Happens on a weekly basis when the walking dead is on but fine other times. Tired force stop, clear cache, uninstall an reinstall. Nothing works.

Michaelwx
Topic Author

I'm using a Galaxy Tab E, it's running Android 4.4.4 (I've checked the os is up to date), and I'm on Sky Go 6.0.3.

Is there a way to roll back to the previous version of the Sky Go app? It all worked fine then.

Is there no support from Sky with this other than doing a a thread on here?

@Michaelwx

Are you saying your issue has only started after you updated to Sky Go Ver 6.0.3??????

I've not seen any info on rolling back to a diff version sorry.

As stated in my other post this issue has been around for some time.

No issues for me until this new version of the app.

Michaelwx
Topic Author

Can't be totally sure, but it always worked before and first time it went wrong (and every time since) is after the latest update. This would lead you to think it's an issue with the update. 

Also, if it's a long standing problem, how come I couldn't find a thread or any mention of this error either through Google or the search function on here? Do old threads get deleted. I wouldn't have started my own thread if I could have found something out there already. 

@Anonymous

What device model and OS are you using please?

@Michaelwx

I expect they have been archived as this goes back for a few years, But as I said it's not constant or was not and that is harder to locate and fix. I had the Rugbi on last night and it cropped up for me which is the 1st time for a while, I selected ok closed the app and went back in and it worked since.

Now if they is starting to happen more and more on version 6.0.3 then I'll pass it to the team for them to look into.

Michaelwx
Topic Author

I've not got it working once since the upgrade. 

I tried unpairing the tablet with the service, but because I've got a new phone I changed it from my old phone earlier this month (to see if I would have the same error on my phone - which I don't, it's fine on my phone) I now can't pair my tablet again until next month. I didn't realise removing something classed as one of my two changes for the month. 

Samung tab e, 4.4

@Michaelwx

Removing any device from your list does not count towards your 1 change a month limit. You removed an Old Phone and replaced with a New Phone your post says and that is the reason you change has been used. sadly.

@Anonymous

There should be no reason why your Tab E is not running Sky Go and as you are running OS 4.4.x its not the permissions setup blocking you. Also very odd that ver 6.0.3 is giving you problems as during the Beta nobody reported any issues with their Tab E's

I'll see what I can find out and get baqck to you.

Thanks Paul, it is extremely weird seems to only happen when I watch the walking dead!

This message was authored by Blue+Cynda This message was authored by: Blue+Cynda

The same thing is happening to my tablet on the galaxy tab e and the version is up to date, I was working fantastically until the sky go app updated and nos I can't watch any programmes what so ever, please could you go back to the old version it was working then

Busy mums are like busy bees they're always busy

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion