Discussion topic: Cancelled

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Gary+Richards This message was authored by: Gary+Richards

Re: Cancelled

Cancelled mine as well at Sky's request as my order had ghosted in their system and the concerns about playlist funtionality not as advertised were worrying.

Perhaps later down the line there will be an update to fix these issues.

Back to the drawing board searching for a replacement TV that works with Q

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gary+Richards wrote:

Back to the drawing board searching for a replacement TV that works with Q

There are now very few posts in the Q forum about televisions which don't.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by 2212JAF This message was authored by: 2212JAF

After today and the run around, I've cancelled 

Will stick with q for now

Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Including me that's 8 cancelled orders on this thread alone.  

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@Anonymous wrote:

Including me that's 8 cancelled orders on this thread alone.  

Who knew that new customers could end up getting a refurb this early on. 

This message was authored by W1ngnuts This message was authored by: W1ngnuts

Just of phone with advisor to complete my cancellation. Didn't seem at all surprised with reasons given - 4k sports data hogging and playlist issues. Got the impression they are expecting quite a few more calls. Have reverted my back to my Q contract complete with discounts.

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@W1ngnuts wrote:

Just of phone with advisor to complete my cancellation. Didn't seem at all surprised with reasons given - 4k sports data hogging and playlist issues. Got the impression they are expecting quite a few more calls. Have reverted my back to my Q contract complete with discounts.

You got your discounts back? Awesome result. 

Well played @W1ngnuts - that's the best outcome of all. 

This message was authored by MrCoxy This message was authored by: MrCoxy

Just cancelled mine as well

the loss of the planner functionality tipped the balance for me, I would get very frustrated watching everything back through the apps! 

Lady on phone was lovely and it sounded like I wasn't the first one she had cancelled today! Funnily enough the loss of the planner was a reason she hadn't taken it up too! 

Woul be interested still in the future but the tv needs some hard drive capabilities to record live tv and watch it back. Maybe sky will take this feedback on board? 

Topic Author

I seriously expect a tech news article on this launch...I think it's a massive fail.  Someone tell me if you think I'm exaggerating? 

1. Some units not powering on/updating

2. Some units with screen flicker

3.  Some units crashing/black screening at random

4. Playlist is an epic fail

5. Delivery dates cancelled/delayed (mine was by 4 days before I cancelled it entirely.)

6. 60hz not 120hz + no variable refresh rate - why install 3x HDMI 2.1 ports if they have no use?

7. The 'motion sensing technology' not working (see this vid https://youtu.be/EZ_UtncBkEs )

8. Bandwidth usage issues far surpasses what was advertised (3 times as much in some reports.)

9. Less channels than Sky Q 

Am I missing something?

Just so I don't come across as Mr Glum, the Atmos speakers + 4K HDR capable pucks (sky Q mini only HD)  are great.  But cons>pros.

This message was authored by W1ngnuts This message was authored by: W1ngnuts

@MrCoxy wrote:

Just cancelled mine as well

the loss of the planner functionality tipped the balance for me, I would get very frustrated watching everything back through the apps! 

Lady on phone was lovely and it sounded like I wasn't the first one she had cancelled today! Funnily enough the loss of the planner was a reason she hadn't taken it up too! 

Woul be interested still in the future but the tv needs some hard drive capabilities to record live tv and watch it back. Maybe sky will take this feedback on board? 

If she was a very jolly Scottish lady could have been the one that cancelled me.

This message was authored by TSingleton This message was authored by: TSingleton

Count me in, called up and cancelled this afternoon after the Leeds guy's YouTube review. Sky have majorly missed the mark with the Playlist function, what a poor experience. 

Topic Author

Total of 11 cancellations on this thread now...

Topic Author

@W1ngnuts wrote:

Did you actually recieve the TV and set it up? If so, it's good to see they've put you back on the same deal.

This message was authored by MrCoxy This message was authored by: MrCoxy

Yes she was! She must have been having calls all day! 

This message was authored by Fozzie55 This message was authored by: Fozzie55

Kayleigh? Yes she was lovely and helpful. Glad I've cancelled. I couldn't convince my mate to cancel so I will see how it goes with him.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion