Discussion topic: sky glass remote battery life

This message was authored by selbymariner This message was authored by: selbymariner

sky glass remote battery life

I purchased sky glass and whole home with a sky puck for my bedroom. From the beginning the bedroom remote began to give the message that the batteries required changing. This happens several times a month and sometimes within days. A year or so later I purchased a new puck for a different room and this has worked successfully for almist 6 months now. However, in that time the original puck remote has had battery changes at least 6 or 7 times. The latest occassion I changed the batteries and immediately received a message to change the batteries. I didn't do so but now when I use iut I have to take them out and replace them again for it to work.  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

Re: sky glass remote battery life

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cyclops2 

I have 5 remotes for 2 years and have changed then batteries in 3 of them once

The below may help.

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1.   Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2.   Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3.   Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.

If not you can request a replacement remote under warranty via the following link 

Replace remote

https://www.sky.com/help/forms/streaming-tv-remote

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@selbymariner 

The remotes are a bit of a car crash I'm afraid - mass manufactured and poorly made. There are constant reports on a daily basis on these forums of issues with them. I went through 3 in less than a year, two of them just stopped working for no reason. One thing I did find however was that the low battery warning was often a complete fallacy. One of my remotes carried on working for about 5 months after the warning started appearing. 

All you can really do is request a free replacement remote using this form and hope you get a better one:

This message was authored by Cyclops2 This message was authored by: Cyclops2

We have 65" downstairs and a puck upstairs. The remotes eat up the batteries within 2 weeks no matter if they are expensive or pound land ones. It seems to be a problem with the remotes

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

@Cyclops2 

I have 5 remotes for 2 years and have changed then batteries in 3 of them once

The below may help.

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1.   Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2.   Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3.   Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.

If not you can request a replacement remote under warranty via the following link 

Replace remote

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Cyclops2 This is probably a fault with your specific remote. About a year ago I replaced a remote as the batteries were only lasting for 3 weeks.  At the time there were other people saying theirs were only lasting a matter of days.  My new remote lasted for about 10 months before the batteries needed replacing.

If the advice given by @Jporch316  doesn't resolve the battery issue you can order a replacement remote using the online form at: Streaming TV replacement remote  

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion