Discussion topic: "You can't watch this where you are now" Well I am in UK!

This message was authored by Germana This message was authored by: Germana

"You can't watch this where you are now" Well I am in UK!

Since last 6 February (when I change my internet provider) I can't watch tv programmes and the message is the following "you can't watch this where you are now" but I am in UK! How can I solve this issue? Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

Re: "You can't watch this where you are now" Well I am in UK!

@Germana 

The cause of the problem is likely to be that you have changed to an ISP which uses a range of IP addresses that Sky do not recognise as being in the U.K..  (Assuming you've tried a reboot.)

You will have to phone Sky about the problem and they will have to liaise with your ISP to sort it out.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: "You can't watch this where you are now" Well I am in UK!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Germana 

It sounds like your new ISP has assigned you an IP address which may be part of a block not for UK use. Who is the ISP?

You can try a few things to verify if it's your Glass or network. On another device on your WiFi if you go to the BBC.co.uk site are you redirect to BBC.com (i.e. does it think that your outside the UK too). Does apps like iPlayer or ITVX work or do they think your outside the UK too? 

If so you could try switching your router off for a few minutes and try again as this may (but not always) assign a new IP address. If not you will need to contact your ISP.

If they all work but it's just your glass that isn't, try turning your glass off for 10 minutes and back on and see if it works, if not you will need to speak to sky support (we are fellow subscribers here).

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion