Discussion topic: Wi-Fi

This message was authored by Wolf+man This message was authored by: Wolf+man

Wi-Fi

I've had sky stream/puck for month now and all is good, I have it set so it goes into standby mode overnight but also in settings there is option to turn Wi-Fi off when not in use to save energy, should i turn that option to on to save energy or would i not get any updates about new features/updating sky puck? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

Re: Wi-Fi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You should still get the updates as sky push the updates out to all boxes in sequence 

there are issues you can encounter with turning off network standby mode but easy turn back on if you experience any 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You should still get the updates as sky push the updates out to all boxes in sequence 

there are issues you can encounter with turning off network standby mode but easy turn back on if you experience any 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@Wolf+man 

Settings

Start up and Standby

If network standby mode set to off the Sky Stream Puck can end up in power saving mode overnight when not in use

This will mean taking longer time to boot up as it will not be in standby mode

If you using Wifi and not Wired Ethernet

Settings

Network

Advanced 

Make sure Wifi set to on 

Without a Wifi connection Sky Stream won't work  if you only use Wifi

If you use Wired Ethernet and not wifi

Settings

Network

Advanced

Wifi set to off

For best performance 

Start up and Standby 

Network Standby set to on 

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion