Discussion topic: Why so many adverts? Value for Money?

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Re: Why so many adverts? Value for Money?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I cancelled skip adverts as it was not very useful with FF so for the same price I took out ITV X Premium as I tend to put quite a lot of ITV in my play list.

I think it annoys me more than the adverts as there are still "adverts" for programmes and lots of black screens also if there are promotional adverts, I may have been unlucky but it seems most programmes now start with a warning it contains adverts.

I think I will cancel it and put up with the adverts.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@bob1234 wrote:

I cancelled skip adverts as it was not very useful with FF so for the same price I took out ITV X Premium as I tend to put quite a lot of ITV in my play list.

I think it annoys me more than the adverts as there are still "adverts" for programmes and lots of black screens also if there are promotional adverts, I may have been unlucky but it seems most programmes now start with a warning it contains adverts.

I think I will cancel it and put up with the adverts.

That's strange. I have ITVX Premium and don't get any ads at all when watching on the ITVX app on my TV or Apple TV 4K box. I have to say I don't watch much ITV content but the series I have watched recently have all been completely ad-free. 

This message was authored by F1Jon97 This message was authored by: F1Jon97

One of the reasons I cancelled Stream and went back to Q.  At least I can fast forward the blighters 🙂

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@F1Jon97 @Sky Q - satellite delivery will be gone within 5 years max. Streaming will be way for us all

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by F1Jon97 This message was authored by: F1Jon97

@Jason+Golding Yes im dreading it.  Hoping that we either get F1TV or TNT sports pick up the F1 rights then I can just use my Apple TV which is better than Sky Stream.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@F1Jon97 wrote:

@Jason+Golding 

Hoping that we either get F1TV or TNT sports pick up the F1 rights

Probably not.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12692873/sky-sports-to-remain-home-of-formula-1-until-2029 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

sky are renewing all major sports rights where they can. EFL is sewn up too 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by John-Smith76 This message was authored by: John-Smith76

I totally agree.

I'm paying a subscription for a Sky Glass TV.

I PAY for Ad skipping, yet... on Sky Go, I tried to watch a live concert, by The Cure, in Hyde Park, but eventually gave up because, after every couple of songs, I would have to endure a set of advertisements. 

ARE YOU KIDDING SKY!!???

While I sit waiting & watching Adverts, that I thought I had already paid to skip... waiting, so I can watch the next little snippet of entertainment, somebody, somewhere,  with lots more of everything, is receiving lots of share value and getting their swimming pool cleaned, off the profits of my gullibility.

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@John-Smith76 
Ad skipping does not apply to live broadcasts. 
It's simply not possible to achieve skipping adds while watching a live broadcast in real time that includes adverts during a live broadcast.

It would make no difference what device you are using to watch live.

Ad Skipping applies to on demand content and catchup services.

A live broadcast you would have to use watch from start or pause as in not be watching live to fast forward or rewind. 

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion