Discussion topic: Why no incentives to resubscribe?

This message was authored by mrandyc This message was authored by: mrandyc

Why no incentives to resubscribe?

I cancelled my Sky Glass package the other month. It's a shame there are no offers to return. It will cost me more than when I left, and that's for a 18 month contract, not the 30 days I have. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Suskha This message was authored by: Suskha

Re: Why no incentives to resubscribe?

You cancelled hoping for a subsequent cheap offer that clearly didnt materialise.

You should have rang them.

mrandyc
Topic Author
This message was authored by mrandyc This message was authored by: mrandyc

I cancelled because I couldn't afford at the time. I'm just surprised there are no offers to return. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mrandyc 

Sky is trying to avoid 'offers' proliferating on Glass/Stream because they've always taken up far too much support time in Sky+ / Sky Q

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think Sky have a real problem with their billing system. I received my price increase letter and was not happy with paying more.

I called Sky to see what the could do, they advised me that they could reduce the increase from £9 extra per month, to £1.50 per month.

I was then told there was a problem applying offers to my account and they would call me back. I chased them three times, and on the last call I just told them to go ahead and cancel. My services now finish on the 24th.

I taken out services with a competitor and paying over £50 less and have the ability to record again! 

So I certainly think offers are available for Glass customers, but it depends on who you get through to when speaking to them, and depends on the "state" of your account.

It will take a lot for Sky to tempt me back and proving me with less for more money isn't going to work!

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by RC2023 This message was authored by: RC2023

You need to keep an eye on your sky bills, it's not the first time they've overcharged me. I left sky stream because they randomly started  charging the £5 per month charge for fast forwarding the adds which is free for the first year 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion