Discussion topic: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

This message was authored by BigAlTheGas This message was authored by: BigAlTheGas

Re: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

I'm having the same problem via sky Q it was working fine I'm able to sign in but just asks me to upgrade pass 🤬🤬 so annoying 

This message was authored by RHC1 This message was authored by: RHC1

Re: Why is the discovery+ ASKING ME TO UPGRADE WHEN WE ARE ON SKY GLASS AND ITS MEANT TO BE FREE.

Hi, 

has this been resolved? I set up my Sky Stream yesterday, created a Discovery account and managed to watch programs in the evening fine. Tonight I click on the app, resume the program and I'm now being getting the not available message/ being told I have no subscription? 
What is the fix? @Chloe-W22 

This message was authored by Jo341969 This message was authored by: Jo341969

I also cannot get discovery+  says upgrade pass? I registered and put pin in about 4 months ago and it worked for about a week.  Reading comments it's not worth waiting on the phone for a no fix solution. Can sky sort it out.

This message was authored by Melissa2024 This message was authored by: Melissa2024

Same problem here. Called sky, they said its discovery issue. Called discovery, they told me its a sky issue. Called sky back and they said they are aware and people are trying to sort it. Apparently there's been some kind of update and now discovery app isn't compatible. Basically they said there's no date as to when it'll be fixed, just keep trying every now and then 🙄

This message was authored by BigDom This message was authored by: BigDom

Discovery plus wont work on sky glass anymore,

My discovery plus wont work anymore on sky glass,apparently its an issue on discovery plus side and nothing to do with sky,everything I watch on sky is on discovery plusand sky wont give me a discount as its not there issue but discovery plus,this has been going on now for over a month.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Discovery plus wont work on sky glass anymore,

Have you considered cancelling Sky Subscription service and getting a streaming device, which you can connect to the Glass TV, to access Discovery+?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Aps100 This message was authored by: Aps100

Yeah it's a real pain we use to watch discoveryplus regularly but not used it for a while we tried to watch Hammond's workshop S3 Ep3 as like many other programmes that's been taken away from Sky and put onto Discovery and we now get the same message upgrade to watch, spoke with Discovery they say it's not showing on my Sky account but it does show on my App subscriptions, spoke to Sky they say it's a Disco's issue tried reset update new password refresh Apps still the same.

Seem were going in circles Sky did say try again in 24 hrs il be at work but the wife's going to try so fingers crossed 

This message was authored by Jhill58 This message was authored by: Jhill58

I have given up and paid discovery plus to watch as it's been a month with it.

This message was authored by Aps100 This message was authored by: Aps100

Well that's one way round the issue but way back when we started with Sky in the early 90s and as we know prices have increased so paying £140 p/m and were entitled to free Discovery and the others why pay above the current amount for what states is included in our package 🤔

This message was authored by Davidw54 This message was authored by: Davidw54

I too am gettimg the same issue. When I signed up for Discovery + a couple of weeks ago it worked firne It stopped working about 3 days ago, nothing has changed. I keep trying to access but to no avail. A fix soon would be appriciated. Hope this is not another unfixed issue like lip synk. Why did I change to sky    😞 

This message was authored by jay11111111111111111 This message was authored by: jay11111111111111111

It won't get fixed.

this issue has been about for over a year and sky are not doing anything.

I have raised 3 complaints but they just ignored them and cancelled the complaints

This message was authored by 27ArdReayrt This message was authored by: 27ArdReayrt

I have sky Q and also have this problem so not exclusive to sky glass

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion