Discussion topic: When is QS014 due?

This message was authored by SteRob87 This message was authored by: SteRob87

Re: When is QS014 due?

Mine says Entertainment OS 1.1 and QS014. Said that for a week. 

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Sky Stream + Whole Home (2 Pucks)
Sony KD-55XF9005
This message was authored by OneOfThePeople This message was authored by: OneOfThePeople

I was the same - completely unplug the TV for a period then plug it back in and leave it powered on (TV screen left off though) for atleast 15/20mins (or do it last thing before bed) and it updated for me

This message was authored by Kevjs This message was authored by: Kevjs

@SteRob87 wrote:

Oh interesting, so in my system information that says QS14 it's loaded with the update but not actually "live"? So what I'm actually seeing is QS13? Sorry haha.

It's pretty normal in software to have functionality hidden behind user specific "feature flags" - i.e. the software supports it, but until the backend says it's turned on for you you can't see it.

QS14 is obviously a pre-reqisit for the profiles so you need both QS14 and that feature turned on.

This functionality is often used during testing - e.g. a test user group gets one implementation turned on, another gets a slightly different version, while the main user group doesn't see it. Once the Devs are happy and fixed any show stopping bugs everyone gets it.

In this case as it depends on QS14 being available and the personalised lists are totally hidden on QS13, then it obviously makes sense to leave it turned off until the QS14 is available to all.

This message was authored by Andygroove This message was authored by: Andygroove

This!

Do they not UAT this stuff? Entire family have fallen into this trap and shouted for help with a screen that suddenly has a virtual keyboard on it and don't know what to do. Quite poor UI design.

This message was authored by Kevjs This message was authored by: Kevjs

@Andygroove wrote:

This!

Do they not UAT this stuff? Entire family have fallen into this trap and shouted for help with a screen that suddenly has a virtual keyboard on it and don't know what to do. Quite poor UI design.

Same here - keeps confusing my housemates.  Think half the issue is it takes so long for the playlist to appear you think you need to confirm, and the other half is you need to OK on every other menu item to select it...

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I added a 4th profile yesterday afternoon at 5pm and it took until 11pm last night to appear on all devices....surley that can't be right

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by Donc22 This message was authored by: Donc22

Anyone else still getting the black screen on Netflix after the QS14 update on their Sky Stream puck? 

Getting annoying to have to unplug/plug in time and again. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

On Sunday I got home after a week away and found that my system had updated to QS014.  I didn't think I would bother with the playlists but have actually found them quite useful and an absolute doddle to use.

My problem is that I have gone from a perfectly stable Glass TV which hasn't given me any problems in the last 3 months to a system that I have had to reboot 3 times since Sunday to remove all the glitches.  Twice it has lost my network connection and then yesterday the voice commands stopped working (both through Hello Sky and on the remote).

I just hope that QS015 improves matters again 🤞.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion