Discussion topic: Whats the real different between SkyQ and Sky Stream/Glass?

This message was authored by PanzerKaput This message was authored by: PanzerKaput

Whats the real different between SkyQ and Sky Stream/Glass?

H There

I am wonderful what the real differences are between Q and Stream/Glass and it is worth the upgrade?

I mean is the interface different?

I am still able to watch Sky in the same way or is it more like a streamming service like Netflix?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Whats the real different between SkyQ and Sky Stream/Glass?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PanzerKaput  Have a read of the articles here https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-stream/buying-sky-stream

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

One thing to note - it's not an "upgrade", the streaming platform is completely different to the satellite platform and has its own advantages and disadvantages when compared with Sky Q.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@PanzerKaput Welcome to the forum.  Personally I love the streaming platform BUT unless you have fast and stable broadband I would not consider changing if you are happy with your viewing experience with Sky Q.  I only changed as I moved premises and there were no spare cables for the communal satellite dish.

Stream is certainly not perfect and some subscribers have a very poor experience.  Continue doing your homework so that you can make an informed decision.   

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@PanzerKaput 

Personally I think the user interface is much more fresh and modern .....

there is no recording as on sky q 

think of it as more of a Netflix or prime system where you can add shows to your favourite list (only accross all channels and streaming apps in the case of glass/ stream )

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@PanzerKaput 

Check out sky s YouTube channel for short videos on the interface and how the system works 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by dino9898 This message was authored by: dino9898

Since I switched from Q to Stream the other month I have not missed Q other than lost recordings.

Play lists work fine -

add skipping is not smooth but works "just"

and had to do the occasional reboot when connection was dropped.

Also the interface is not quick as you get with say a Fire stick. But overall considering the money I am saving

and no need for a Sat Dish or the Q box im happy with it.

I think some major upgrading is needed on the hardware and that im sure comes in time. Plus I can plug this into any TV I want and have it up and running within minutes. another few years from now Sky Q will be well and truly on its way out.

This message was authored by Neil+Essex This message was authored by: Neil+Essex

Sky Stream is having pixilation issues at the moment on sky sports according to a thread on here. Taking forever to fix it . I decided to go back to Sky Q . Since then had no issues with pixelation and even sky sports + streams are working good 

Sky Q 2TB HDR Box & 1 Mini Box
Sky Signature with Netflix
Sky Sports Complete Pack
TNT Sports
Sky Cinema
MUTV
Sky Multiscreen
HD & UHD Pack

Virgin Media Gig 1 Broadband
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Neil+Essex wrote:

Sky Stream is having pixilation issues at the moment on sky sports according to a thread on here. 

Not just sport channels, I don't watch any of those (now the cycling has finished) - I've seen the issue on Sky Nature and Sky History though. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Skull+Treaty  It seems strange that the pixelation I was getting stopped completely after the QS028  update.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Skull+Treaty  It seems strange that the pixelation I was getting stopped completely after the QS028  update.

@Fothergill1 

To be fair, I haven't seen it in a week and didn't bother to check if when I did see it was it before/after the update happened. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion