Discussion topic: Voice activation doesn’t work

This message was authored by wendyjones7 This message was authored by: wendyjones7

Voice activation doesn’t work

My voice activation doesn't work. It keeps saying voice command doesn't work try again. I have tried replacing batteries and turning everything off at the plug but it still doesn't work 

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Voice activation doesn’t work

@wendyjones7 wrote:

My voice activation doesn't work. It keeps saying voice command doesn't work try again. I have tried replacing batteries and turning everything off at the plug but it still doesn't work 

What exactly are you trying to use your voice to achieve? 

Sky Glass & Stream are not like Alexa or Siri - they are much more limited as to what you can ask them to do. 

This message was authored by AntInBristol2 This message was authored by: AntInBristol2

Usually this is due to the Bluetooth connection via the remote to the TV - Try holding down 1 and 3 on the remote for a few seconds to see if re-pairing helps.

If not let us know if you're using Glass or Stream.

wendyjones7
Topic Author
This message was authored by wendyjones7 This message was authored by: wendyjones7

My elderly husband struggles with technology so uses it to get the channel he wants so it's only used for that and has worked perfectly until now. All the other features of the remote work 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@wendyjones7 I'm not sure if you are trying to turn on your system with your voice or if your problem is watching programmes. In case you are not aware voice control does not work with any of the Apps

If it also won't work with live TV or Sky content I would try a complete reset and re-pair of your remote as follows:

With Glass turned off at the wall:

Hold 4 & 6 for 10 seconds

Hold 7 & 9 for 10 seconds

Turn on TV wait for it to reboot & go to homepage

Hold 1 & 3 until it says it is connected

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
wendyjones7
Topic Author

The television turns on fine using the remote and all other features work. We ask the voice activation for a program eg bbc1 and it says "sorry, your voice command didn't work.

It has always worked before. We don't have a sky glass tv just a sky q box. I have tried shutting it off at the wall but still doesn't work 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@wendyjones7 Apologies, as this is the Glass & Stream forum I just assuming you had glass or stream.

From what I remember when I had Sky Q the voice command will only work in Bluetooth mode and not IR so I would try to pair your remote with the Q box again.

If that doesn't work maybe give Sky a call to see if they have a solution.

This message was authored by Totalwar2 This message was authored by: Totalwar2

My voice didn't work on sky steam.I press 1 and 3 for 5 seconds and now it working.Just follow the on screen instructions.

Sky Steam Sky Boardband and Sky Moblie SKY BRING BACK NEVER MISS.

@Totalwar2 Yes, pairing it again usually resolves issues with the remote but I suggested that in my original reply and for whatever reason it didn't seem to work (or they didn't try it).

wendyjones7
Topic Author

Thank you for all your help but it's started working again of it's own accord 🤷‍♀️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion