Discussion topic: Using Samsung Blue Ray DVD Player excellent picture but no sound

This message was authored by Wallly This message was authored by: Wallly

Using Samsung Blue Ray DVD Player excellent picture but no sound

Spoken to Sky few times since changing to Sky Glass November 2022. Have tried Reset procedure to no avail, and told that updated Build Version in System Management of Settings should cure problem - November Build Version QS013 June Build Version QS017-still no sound after 5 software releases????? Help please

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Using Samsung Blue Ray DVD Player excellent picture but no sound

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wallly 

Which model of Blu-ray player is that, and is it plugged into HDMI #3?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Ali+Oldfield This message was authored by: Ali+Oldfield

Did you get anywhere with this? I've had the same issue, Sky Glass not playing sound on dvd player. Tried everything. Sky not getting back to  me, I've rung nearly every week for over a month!

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker

What audio format is the player set to output in the settings of the BluRay/DVD player? And what audio format is selected on any given disc?

As far as I;m aware, Glass cannot handle any DTS sound formats (DTS-HD Master Audio is the default audio on many BluRay discs), only PCM stereo and Dolby formats (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos). Your player could well be outputting DTS format audio that Glass cannot handle, ergo picture but no sound.

If you go into the settings of your player and then into audio settings, check to see if the sound output on HDMI can be set to 'Dolby' 'Dolby Digital' 'Dolby Digital Plus' or similar.

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.
This message was authored by Ali+Oldfield This message was authored by: Ali+Oldfield

I've tried everything

Had to buy a new dvd player!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion