Discussion topic: The worst Tv I have ever bought

This message was authored by Claire-147 This message was authored by: Claire-147

The worst Tv I have ever bought

If i could skip this tv tomorrow and not have to pay for it any longer I would ! By far the biggest pile of rubbish I have ever bought !! It doesn't turn off , it doesn't turn on ! I don't know how many remote controls i have been through for it ! Me and my husband spend countless time shouting at the tv so we can turn the volume up or down , and hey you guessed it , doesn't under stand a single voice command , but then just out of the blue it will pick up on a conversation and change the channel ! I hate this tv ! I wouldn't even call it a tv ! Horrendous ! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: The worst Tv I have ever bought

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What have Sky said about these problems? They're not normal. I don't experience any of them.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Claire-147 wrote:

Me and my husband spend countless time shouting at the tv so we can turn the volume up or down , and hey you guessed it , doesn't under stand a single voice command 

Disabling the far-field Voice Control and using the handset Voice button works for us.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Suskha This message was authored by: Suskha

Love it when folks just drop by for a rant 😁

Claire-147
Topic Author
This message was authored by Claire-147 This message was authored by: Claire-147

They don't say very much . One guy I was on the phone to connected to a video call and told me to twist the remote in my hands , very strange , that also did not work ! I have asked if I can just send the tv back , but I'm told that can't happen . 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Claire-147 wrote:

They don't say very much . One guy I was on the phone to connected to a video call and told me to twist the remote in my hands , very strange , that also did not work ! I have asked if I can just send the tv back , but I'm told that can't happen . 

Strange ... BUT it seems to manage to get remotes working for many😉

Exactly how many remotes have you tried?

How long have you had the TV?

Have you asked for a replacement TV rather than return and refund?

Return and refund is only possible during the cooling off period🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Claire-147 Yes, the twisting does sound a strange thing to try but it often works.  It has actually got my remote working again on 2 occasions in the past.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion