Discussion topic: Technical Issue

This message was authored by EvaBeaver This message was authored by: EvaBeaver

Technical Issue

I have the ' Sorry, because of a technical issue, you're currently experiencing a limited service. Please be assured that we're working hard to fix the problem. ' message on my sky glass screen. I've done all the suggestions, switched off at the plug etc.  but nothing is working.  My broadband is down at the moment so is this the issue ?  I can't even get to any settings page , it's just stuck on this message. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Technical Issue

@EvaBeaver wrote:

I have the ' Sorry, because of a technical issue, you're currently experiencing a limited service. Please be assured that we're working hard to fix the problem. ' message on my sky glass screen. I've done all the suggestions, switched off at the plug etc.  but nothing is working.  My broadband is down at the moment so is this the issue ?  I can't even get to any settings page , it's just stuck on this message. 

Leave it switched off at the plug for half an hour and then try to reboot it. But without broadband you won't get any service at all, unless you attach an aerial to the back of the TV and can access the backup Freeview tuner.

EvaBeaver
Topic Author

I've switched it off & still stays the same.   @Padam_Padam , thank you I didn't know there's a back up Freeview, guess I need to find an aerial now 😭

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EvaBeaver wrote:

Yeah as it's a streaming platform it will be useless if the broadband is down, that's the main issue with everything moving to streaming. That's one of the reasons the ariel socket was added for these circumstances and so customers can still use it as a TV should they not have a Sky subscription.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

EvaBeaver
Topic Author

Thank you . I wish it wasn't stuck on this screen , I can't even get to Network Settings to try and use hotspot or mini hub connection.  

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EvaBeaver wrote:

Thank you . I wish it wasn't stuck on this screen , I can't even get to Network Settings to try and use hotspot or mini hub connection.  

Yeah the only way to get around that may be a factory reset, which is probably overkill just for a broadband outage.

if you press the home button a few times, does that not even load a portion of the Home Screen so you can get to the settings?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

EvaBeaver
Topic Author

No, it doesn't do anything.  The only access I can gain to a different action is the 3 dots button on the remote and even then it's just the menu that shows search , audio output etc.  

This message was authored by Tinyovo This message was authored by: Tinyovo

I'm having this same issue, trying to access my HdMI ports to use my Xbox but won't come off the message screen

This message was authored by XDC1 This message was authored by: XDC1

Getting this too .... done the switch off at the wall thing etc as advised by why does it acknowledge that it is a tech issue sky are trying to fix....surely the problem is theirs not mine - so what's happening?

EvaBeaver
Topic Author

Mine was sorted as soon as the wife was back up and working . 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion