Discussion topic: TNT Sport not showing on Discovery Plus App

This message was authored by RossyRossy This message was authored by: RossyRossy

Re: TNT Sport not showing on Discovery Plus App

Guys you won't believe this, but I have just refreshed the apps on my Sky Stream box, and opened the Discovery+ App, strangely it asked me to sign in again.

So I signed in with my usual Discovery+ details (from my EE deal) and I could not believe my eyes when I saw the Arsenal v Crystal Palace is available in UHD today along with Dolby Atmos!!!

I don't want to speak too soon, but it looks like finally, after all this time, Sky/Discovery+ have got this app working

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes I think they have finally woken up and accepted responsibility. I am not going to get carried away though!

Saying that the Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal does not appear to be on UHD 

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@Super+Anthony 

Tuesday January 30 

Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal 7.00PM  is HD broadcast TNT Sports 2

Aston Villa v Newcastle 7.30 PM is match that will be broadcast on TNT Sports  Ultimate 

Wednesday January 31

Liverpool v Chelsea will be broadcast on TNT Sports Ultimate

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

OK thank you. Should be the Arsenal one though 😀😀😀

This message was authored by Jiffy1761 This message was authored by: Jiffy1761

Hi folks. 

I've just joined sky steam in a quest to streamline my different subscriptions. 

I have tnt / disc plus through ee 

Obviously I also have disc plus with sky now. 

My main use is TNT. If I ditched the ee subscription would i still get tnt sports on the desc plus app on stream or would it just be desc channels. 

I am aware these won't play live on the epg. 

Thanks. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jiffy1761 wrote:

Hi folks. 

My main use is TNT. If I ditched the ee subscription would i still get tnt sports on the desc plus app on stream or would it just be desc channels. 

Thanks. 

In this scenario to get the discovery + with sports package you would need to subscribe to TNT sports via Sky. A sky sun would only give you the base tier of discovery + to get into the sports tier a TNT subscription must be linked the on your Sky account as it this this that triggers discovery to upgrade the account to the premium discovery plus account.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@Jiffy1761 wrote:

Hi folks. 

Thanks. 

In this scenario to get the discovery + with sports package you would need to subscribe to TNT sports via Sky. A sky sun would only give you the base tier of discovery + to get into the sports tier a TNT subscription must be linked the on your Sky account as it this this that triggers discovery to upgrade the account to the premium discovery plus account.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

@Jiffy1761  if your ee subscription is for mobile only devices you could keep that subscription and just login to discovery plus on stream using your ee credentials , obviously this wouldn't give you epg access and watch that way 

cc @MarkGoldsmith 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Noggin5180 This message was authored by: Noggin5180

Apologies if this has already been answered, I have TNT through Sky and a separate Discovery+ account, does anyone know if there is a way to link my viewing card to the Discovery+ account to allow me to watch TNT through Discovery+?

I do not have Q, Stream or Glass so I don't have the option of signing in through my TV and linking that way. wanted to check before spending time on the phone asking the same question.

I've tried asking Discovery+ through their online chat, they were actually quite helpful but essentially said I need to contact Sky, Sky's virtual chatbot was useless. hence why I'm asking here. 

This message was authored by David83 This message was authored by: David83

Can someone please help me get discovery plus to show me the premium content. I upgraded to TNT sports on sky glass but the app keeps saying I haven't got it and need to upgrade to TNT! Unable to watch any of the sports content on the app on sky glass or my phone etc

17069701547486753203581000317787.jpg

Screenshot_20240203_140940_discovery+.jpg

Screenshot_20240203_140949_discovery+.jpg

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Noggin5180 wrote:

Apologies if this has already been answered, I have TNT through Sky and a separate Discovery+ account, does anyone know if there is a way to link my viewing card to the Discovery+ account to allow me to watch TNT through Discovery+?

I do not have Q, Stream or Glass so I don't have the option of signing in through my TV and linking that way. wanted to check before spending time on the phone asking the same question.

I've tried asking Discovery+ through their online chat, they were actually quite helpful but essentially said I need to contact Sky, Sky's virtual chatbot was useless. hence why I'm asking here. 

In short no. You need to have either Sky Q, Sky Glass or Sky Stream to be able to link your Skys count with discovery plus and thus get discovery plus and the premium sports tier at no additional cost.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

I am getting this exact same message. Did you get it sorted in the end?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@David83  If would help if you tell us who your replying to by tagging them using the @symbol 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TheDorkDestroyer This message was authored by: TheDorkDestroyer

Mate, this is exactly what I'm getting. 

it's a known issue apparently. 

I complained in September and have been to and fro since then with Sky customer services being beyond abysmal. 

I emailed Dana Strong (CEO) to complain as they're essentially robbing me of £30 a month for TNT which I can't watch on the go or catch up or anything. 

I got a call from the 'customer priority team' this morning who said my case is with the 'business resolution team' who are looking into this error. No timescales on when it will be resolved.

in the meantime I've complained to the ICO as Sky are apparently unable to remove my subscription to Discover+ which means D+ cannot delete my account or data in-line with GDPR right to be forgotten. Essentials Sky are causing a data breach. 

I'm in the process of also complaining to CISAS as well. 

this is beyond ridiculous. How hard can it be to debug whatever the **bleep** has gone on, or work out how to delete customer's subscriptions?

18yrs of loyal custom and they're treating me and others like crap.

once this is resolved I'll definitely be looking to recoup all TNT subs paid as I'm hardly able to watch it unless I watch it live. As Sky Glass there's no ability to record. I go to games and cannot re-watch when I get home. What's the point?! 

This message was authored by TheDorkDestroyer This message was authored by: TheDorkDestroyer

@David83 

sorry for the re-post - couldn't reply direct to your comment with pics:

Mate, this is exactly what I'm getting. 

it's a known issue apparently. 

I complained in September and have been to and fro since then with Sky customer services being beyond abysmal. 

I emailed Dana Strong (CEO) to complain as they're essentially robbing me of £30 a month for TNT which I can't watch on the go or catch up or anything. 

I got a call from the 'customer priority team' this morning who said my case is with the 'business resolution team' who are looking into this error. No timescales on when it will be resolved.

in the meantime I've complained to the ICO as Sky are apparently unable to remove my subscription to Discover+ which means D+ cannot delete my account or data in-line with GDPR right to be forgotten. Essentials Sky are causing a data breach. 

I'm in the process of also complaining to CISAS as well. 

this is beyond ridiculous. How hard can it be to debug whatever the **bleep** has gone on, or work out how to delete customer's subscriptions?

18yrs of loyal custom and they're treating me and others like crap.

once this is resolved I'll definitely be looking to recoup all TNT subs paid as I'm hardly able to watch it unless I watch it live. As Sky Glass there's no ability to record. I go to games and cannot re-watch when I get home. What's the point?! 

Absolute disgrace. Part of the reason to subscribe to TNT sports was that I could then watch highlights etc on the app. Am paying £30 a month for half a service!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion