Discussion topic: Sky glass

This message was authored by Matt+Hapki This message was authored by: Matt+Hapki

Sky glass

On my second glass tv and awaiting delivery of my third !!! Same problem with both, all internal movement senses turned off, yet it still keeps randomly attempting to turn on, thinks about, then off again. 
if my next tv does it again that's it for sky glass for me !!

anyone else had a similar thing ?? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

Re: Sky glass

I think what you describe is a flash of colour across the screen that pops up randomly.

This is a known fault and can easily be stopped. The TV keeps listening for sound waiting to hear "Hello Sky" to turn on, other sounds confuse it and it flashes.

On the bottom right corner to the side is a white back lit button, this is the mic - turn it off!

You now won't be able to talk to the TV for voice activations but it will stop random screen flashes. You can still use the remote for voice activation.

If you have had three TVS with this error it beggars belief what the Sky help desk are being told to look out for from callers 🤔

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

Re: Sky glass

I think what you describe is a flash of colour across the screen that pops up randomly.

This is a known fault and can easily be stopped. The TV keeps listening for sound waiting to hear "Hello Sky" to turn on, other sounds confuse it and it flashes.

On the bottom right corner to the side is a white back lit button, this is the mic - turn it off!

You now won't be able to talk to the TV for voice activations but it will stop random screen flashes. You can still use the remote for voice activation.

If you have had three TVS with this error it beggars belief what the Sky help desk are being told to look out for from callers 🤔

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion