Discussion topic: Sky glass stutters and reboots watching prime

This message was authored by Legs41 This message was authored by: Legs41

Sky glass stutters and reboots watching prime

I'm trying to watch a series on Amazon prime and my sky glass stutters, makes a sounds like stuck cd and restarts itself. It's getting frustrating now. Any answers yet? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky glass stutters and reboots watching prime

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Legs41 unfortunately this fault appears to be still to be fixed. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Stereohead This message was authored by: Stereohead

I think it's an issue with Prime. Had the exact same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S7 tablet watching The Expanse. Something to do with hardware acceleration. It plays fine for me on Glass, though.

Legs41
Topic Author
This message was authored by Legs41 This message was authored by: Legs41

Yeah I'm trying to watch the expanse as well.  It's becoming unwatchable. It does that thing every 15 minutes or so and completely reboots the tv. 

This message was authored by Stereohead This message was authored by: Stereohead

Yup. I was getting stutters every 15 seconds. Completely unwatchable. Amazon's recommended solution was to disable hardware acceleration, but that meant not having HDR or HD  which looked awful so not really a solution.

Hopefully there will be a fix, whether from Sky or Amazon, some time soon. I've basically stopped watching it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion