Discussion topic: Sky glass remotes for my puck buttons all wrong.

This message was authored by MHartley This message was authored by: MHartley

Re: Sky glass remotes for my puck buttons all wrong.

I have exactly the same issue that has just developed out of nowhere. 

This message was authored by SaoirseSgiath This message was authored by: SaoirseSgiath

As do I. I've only had sky for less than a month. The batteries that came with the remote leaked and now it is doing exactly the same as above users. All the resets have been tried, replacing batteries (wiping out residue first), wringing like a towel, etc etc. Back lights work, but buttons are mapped wrong. And voice search only finds the programme but won't play it. Will I need to contact sky myself, or will this forum bump the fault? Thank you. V

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SaoirseSgiath and @MHartley welcome to the forum.

SInce my post 15 above posted in July,  Sky have introduced an online request form at the following link: Streaming TV replacement remote (you will need to sign into your My Sky app)

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by SaoirseSgiath1 This message was authored by: SaoirseSgiath1

Answered @Fothergill1 Thank you so much!!

This message was authored by DonnaM72 This message was authored by: DonnaM72

I'm having the incorrect button mapping problem but I can't follow the steps provided because the 9 button turns off the Sky Puck. The other buttons are also incorrect and I can't use voice control as that button doesn't work. Please help! 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@DonnaM72 The quality of the Glass and Stream remotes is very poor and they are constantly causing problems.  Seeing as you can't even attempt to pair the remote again I would simply request a replacement.  I included details of the link in my post 18 above.

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement.

Good luck 🤞

This message was authored by ChrisGC1977 This message was authored by: ChrisGC1977

I'd like to know why there seems to be an issue with the batteries corroding? My remote plays up and all the buttons are doing the incorrect function when pressed. 
Thought it might be the batteries and noticed that the Duracell batteries that come with the remote have leaked. 
I've only had it about two months so this is clearly an ongoing known issue. 
Be interesting to know if a new remote from Sky will fix the problem or will it just happen again. 
Been a sky customer for over 10 years and from reading other posts this is pretty poor form from Sky. 
Remote isn't fit for purpose and I don't want Sky saying they will only replace it once as clearly a known problem. 

@ChrisGC1977 Unfortunately this is a common problem at the moment.  Unlike the Sky Q remotes the Glass/Stream ones are very poor quality.

I would simply request a replacement.  If you see my post 18 above there is a link for the online request form.  I suspect the same issue could occur with the replacement so maybe keep an eye on the batteries and replace at the first sign of problems.

This message was authored by Fizz13 This message was authored by: Fizz13

I have the same issue. I tried the link for the replacement remote but the link says page not found. I have tried all the standard tests/fixes but cannot correct problem. Buttons still do not perform correct actions

@Fizz13 I just tried the link on post 18 above and it took me straight to the request form.  Try signing into your My Sky account before clicking on the link and the form should appear with some of your personal details already populating the form.

If it still won't work I'm afraid you will need to phone Sky to request a replacement.

Good luck 🤞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion