Discussion topic: Sky glass remotes for my puck buttons all wrong.

This message was authored by BeccaJD This message was authored by: BeccaJD

Sky glass remotes for my puck buttons all wrong.

My sky glass puck remote doesn't work properly. I've tried the steps to repair it and that still didn't fix the problem. It seems to be the buttons. When I press the left side of the circle it turns the puck off. All the buttons just seem to do the wrong thing or nothing at all anymore. The voice control works but I can't then change channels. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Sky glass remotes for my puck buttons all wrong.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi BeccaJD

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BeccaJD Whilst you are waiting for a resolution or replacement remote from Sky you can use a Sky Q remote if you have one available 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - This has been resolved on a private chat

This message was authored by davidsale This message was authored by: davidsale

Hi,

this is happening on one of my pick remotes this morning. Can you help please? 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

The below may help.

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2. Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.
——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
BeccaJD
Topic Author

Yes. Check the batteries as one of mine had started to corrode a little, I have been sent a new one as it was put down to "water damage" until you receive your new one, just use the voice control to switch channels. You will just struggle to watch anything that requires the buttons. Hope that helps 

This message was authored by davidsale This message was authored by: davidsale

Thanks all. Yes just checked inside and it looks like the battery has corroded and leaked.  I will contact Sky for a replacement.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@davidsale  While you wait for the replacement to arrive you can use a Sky Q remote if you have one available. 

This message was authored by SophieLou09 This message was authored by: SophieLou09

Please help, this is happening to my sky puk remote too. 

Button 3 and left direction pad turns the puk off. No other buttons work. Voice control doesn't work. 

Hi @SophieLou09 have you tried the advice given by @Jporch316 in post 6 above?  If not give that a try to see if it helps with your remote problem.

There are also some troubleshooting guides for faulty remotes at the following 2 links:

Remote troubleshooting

Remote help

Post the result here and it it hasn't helped a superuser can escalate your problem to the Sky community messaging team.

Good luck

This message was authored by AlexFlaxton This message was authored by: AlexFlaxton

My sky stream remote just started doing this too. Right is search, left is off, other buttons don't seem to do anything. Tried to re-pair but it doesn't work. Solved in DM above not very helpful. Should I request a replacement?

BeccaJD
Topic Author

Check the batteries they have likely to have corroded. If so you'll need a new remote

This message was authored by AlexFlaxton This message was authored by: AlexFlaxton

@BeccaJD thanks, I assumed it couldn't be as I've only had the Sky Stream a couple of months but rolled the batteries and found residue. 

Do I have to contact support separately or can I escalate it here?

@AlexFlaxton I assume you have tried the links in post 11 above.  If so and you are still having issues you will need to contact Sky direct and request a replacement remote.

NB - if you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote while you wait for a replacement.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion