Discussion topic: Sky glass remote

This message was authored by Marie75 This message was authored by: Marie75

Sky glass remote

Hi can anybody help my sky glass remote has completely stopped working I have changed the batteries I have done everything it says on my sky app, turned the tv off and back on again nothing seems to be working can someone help (Thank you) 

only had the tv about a month.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Sky glass remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marie75 Try to pair the remote again as follows:

1. Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
  2. Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

You may have already tried the help/toubleshooting guides for the remote but just in case I have put the links below.

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  Even though it sounds an unlikely solution it has got many faulty remotes working again (including mine).

If none of the above works then post back here and I will escalate your problem to the Community Messaging team for them to sent you an online chat invitation.

In the meantime, If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote whilst you get the issue resolved..

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marie75 Try to pair the remote again as follows:

1. Press 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds (This resets/clears the remote)
  2. Press 1 and 3 together for three seconds (bluetooth mode) and follow any on-screen instructions.

You may have already tried the help/toubleshooting guides for the remote but just in case I have put the links below.

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  Even though it sounds an unlikely solution it has got many faulty remotes working again (including mine).

If none of the above works then post back here and I will escalate your problem to the Community Messaging team for them to sent you an online chat invitation.

In the meantime, If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote whilst you get the issue resolved..

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Marie75
Topic Author
This message was authored by Marie75 This message was authored by: Marie75

Hi thanks for replying 

I did all that, I had to get in touch with sky they sent me a new remote out

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion