Discussion topic: Sky glass remote

This message was authored by Patsy+2018 This message was authored by: Patsy+2018

Sky glass remote

Does voice control work with Sky Glass? My Sky Glass remote appears to be paired but I can't get voice control to work. I have tried it with the second remote supplied for the Sky Glass puck but the same thing. It seems to pair OK but voice control doesn't work. I  have changed back to Skyq from Sky Glass but kept the Glass tv.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Sky glass remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Patsy+2018 Unfortunately without a Sky subscription the Glass TV only works as a basic freeview TV. The following link takes you to a Sky page that explains what you will and won't be able to receive.  You will note that you will not be able to use voice control.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-without-a-subscription 

Sky should also have sent you a different remote for the Glass TV when you cancelled  your glass subscription.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Patsy+2018 Unfortunately without a Sky subscription the Glass TV only works as a basic freeview TV. The following link takes you to a Sky page that explains what you will and won't be able to receive.  You will note that you will not be able to use voice control.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-without-a-subscription 

Sky should also have sent you a different remote for the Glass TV when you cancelled  your glass subscription.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Patsy+2018
Topic Author
This message was authored by Patsy+2018 This message was authored by: Patsy+2018

Thanks for that. I'm only realising this now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion