Discussion topic: Sky glass remote not working.

This message was authored by Jennifer1989 This message was authored by: Jennifer1989

Sky glass remote not working.

Basically what it says in the title. Up, down, left and right button not working at all, as well as certain numbers. I've tried everything and it's just not working.

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky glass remote not working.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jennifer1989

Unfortunately there is a fault with many of the remotes as Sky received a bad batch from the manufacturer. There is a huge thread here (along with many others) about the problem:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/Stream-remote-completely-unresponsive/m-p/4197584#M77629

As strange as it sounds, the one fix that has worked for a number of people (including me, twice) is to hold the remote at both ends and gently twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.

Even if this fix worked I would still phone Sky and request a replacement.  Also, in the short term, if you have access to a Sky Q remote it will work with Glass or Stream.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion