Discussion topic: Sky glass, no sound, skipping and freezing

This message was authored by Brandon_lee This message was authored by: Brandon_lee

Sky glass, no sound, skipping and freezing

Had a sky glass around 7 months now and this morning the sound doesn't work and streaming apps like Disney plus and YouTube let me browse but when I click on a video it skips through but the remote still functions perfectly fine. I've also noticed some apps like Netflix and prime video just completely freeze before I can select a profile but the actual sky glass still lets me go back to the home page

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky glass, no sound, skipping and freezing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Brandon_lee wrote:

Had a sky glass around 7 months now and this morning the sound doesn't work and streaming apps like Disney plus and YouTube let me browse but when I click on a video it skips through but the remote still functions perfectly fine. I've also noticed some apps like Netflix and prime video just completely freeze before I can select a profile but the actual sky glass still lets me go back to the home page

Have you tried rebooting the Glass by unplugging it for a couple of minutes?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by turnesjt This message was authored by: turnesjt

Same problems here

sky's response....go and find a faster broadband supplier. 
**bleep**?

Useless. 
clearly a problem with the tv that Sky is trying to bury. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@turnesjt wrote:

Same problems here

sky's response....go and find a faster broadband supplier. 
**bleep**?

Useless. 
clearly a problem with the tv that Sky is trying to bury. 

If you have it conencted via Wifi, then the correct next step is to disable the Wifi in the Sky Glass serttings and conenct via an ethernet cable. Its always worth rebooting the TV (turn it off at the plug for a minute) at this point as well to ensure it has successfully disabled the Wifi.

The speed you get to your router is different to the speed that a device will get. The Sky streaming platform needs a constant connection to the Sky servers and therefore needs to constantly be getting 25-30 Mbps whenever it is switched on. Plenty of broadband providers provider pretty basic routers for your wifi network, and there are plenty of things that can further weaken a wifi signal due ot interference. Ultimately Sky Glass and Sky Stream need a strong and consistent internet connection to avoid these types of issues.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What is your routers synce speed to the internet?

What connection speed is reported by the Netflix Network Check on the Puck?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by turnesjt This message was authored by: turnesjt

Yes. Reminds me of the days when you did that regularly with your pc. 
Progress?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion