Discussion topic: Sky glass is super glitchy

This message was authored by FrenchBaertie This message was authored by: FrenchBaertie

Sky glass is super glitchy

Can anyone help.

I replaced Sky Q with Sky glass, because Sky told me that my broadband was adequate to handle it.

Since I've had it, it's constantly glitching and freezing, somethimes it doesn't load at all.

Have done all the usual Wi-Fi test etc etc,

Before I put a hammer straight through it - can anyone help? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Sky glass is super glitchy

It is best connected via an ethernet cable, sometimes the best of WiFi connections are not good enough for glass.  Wire it and you should fined a vast improvement.

It's not the broadband in to the property it is the WiFi performance throughout the property.

I have BT HALO 3 superfamily but the walls in my old house just kill WiFi so my home is cabled throughout with ethernet sockets.

You can also use power adapters.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@FrenchBaertie 

Never trust a salesperson, particularly one that tries to sell you Sky Glass. 

If you can't get it to run adequately on your broadband then you can easily switch back to Q within the first 31 days of activating the Glass service. You can choose to keep the Glass TV and continue to pay for it (if on finance) whilst using a Q box attached to it, or return Glass for a full refund.

FrenchBaertie
Topic Author
This message was authored by FrenchBaertie This message was authored by: FrenchBaertie

thanks for you comment - really appreciate it. 

FrenchBaertie
Topic Author

Thanks @SlenderRobert - it's bloody annoying! 

appreciate the comment.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion