Discussion topic: Sky glass contract

This message was authored by Ian This message was authored by: Ian

Sky glass contract

I have recently purchased sky glass and received my confirmation email regarding the order. But I still have not received my contract to sign. I have accessed my "mysky" app but its not contained within my messages or contracts. There is a time limit on how long I have to sign it. I seek advice on how long the contract normally takes to arrive?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky glass contract

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ian 

The contract for subscription television service does not require signing: are you referring to the credit agreement to purchase the set?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/credit-agreement-sky-glass 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Ian
Topic Author

Yes that might be the case, though it was referenced during the call to purchase as a contract

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ian wrote:

it was referenced during the call to purchase as a contract

If you didn't pay for the Glass television set up-front yourself then you've entered into an FCA-regulated unsecured personal loan to buy it, with monthly repayments over 24 or 48 months.  This is separate and in addition to the subscription for Sky television services, which typically has an 18 month minimum contract term.

The details of the loan are supposed to be populated into the My Sky app and require acknowledgement there.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sign-credit-agreement-sky-glass 

Ian
Topic Author

Yes that sounds accurate. My sky app gives me a link prompting me to sign the agreement but when I click it it takes me to a message page inviting me to download the my sky app. I already have the app. The app doesn't contain any credit agreement but it does confirm my order details. 

@Ian 

That probably suggests the order process has glitched somewhere (possibly at the second credit check) and you'll need to contact Sky.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion