Discussion topic: Sky glass and PC gaming

This message was authored by Danb5 This message was authored by: Danb5

Sky glass and PC gaming

I've just got the new sky glass and I'm impressed with it so far although I want to know if game mode works with the PC, elden ring seems ok but when I loaded up fallout 4 I can notice delay in moving the camera etc, does the game mode feature work with HDMI from PC? I literally received it today so I can't compare to what it was like before, I also know this isn't a gaming tv but sometimes I want to play on tv and the input lag isn't great, also hdr doesn't seem to work which I guess is my cable so maybe once I get a newer 2.1 cable allm might work? I'm not sure, 1080ti gpu if that makes a difference 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky glass and PC gaming

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Danb5 wrote:

1080ti gpu if that makes a difference 

Well, yes: that's a 2017 vintage chipset, so I suspect it doesn't support HDMI 2.1 and so won't trigger ALLM.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Danb5 

HDMI 2.1 graphics cards were first released in 2020.

https://www.hdmi.org/blog/detail/124 

Danb5
Topic Author

Yeah I know the gpu is hdmi 2.0b, HDR should still work as I'm using high quality cable but even so does ALLM or game mode work with PC GPUs even if I had a 4090, this is what I want to know.

Danb5
Topic Author

Okay so after googling hdmi 2.1 is needed for allm and hdmi 2.0 is unsupported.... kinda sucks, wish they would bring out a dedicated game mode rather than auto because even if I have a 2.1 gpu I'm not sure if game mode will enable, guess I need a new gpu to test this 🤯

@Danb5 

ALLM is included in the most recent Glass firmware update.

Good news for gamers, Auto Game Mode is launching on Sky Glass which uses Auto Low Latency (ALLM) to offer a more responsive gaming experience for casual players. Simply plug in your console and Sky Glass will automatically switch to Auto Game Mode.  

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/entertainment-os-on-sky-keeps-getting-smarter-thanks-to-clever-new-... 

Danb5
Topic Author

That does not say if it works with pc 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Danb5 it should assuming the graphics card has a HDMI2.1 port and of course supports ALLM. The Glass TV justvrequires the right signal to switch, its the graphics card that needs to have the support.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Danb5
Topic Author

Yeah it makes sense I guess, just where it said console made me skeptical as Pc could pretend to be a blu ray player or a sky box etc and not switch, I saw displayport 1.4 supports allm so I could possibly test this out by buying a cable before a new card if needed, I have hdmi adapter for dport but only 1080p lol so bad adapter. It's a beautiful TV and I don't expect 5ms like my monitor is but for casual fallout 4 etc be nice not to have that 1 second delay when aiming lol

Danb5
Topic Author

I was mislead to believe that dp 1.4 supports allm, this topic is hard for google lol, guess only option is to get new gpu which isn't the worst thing as it was something I was looking into, guess my questions answered so I thankyou both

This message was authored by Cosmin7z This message was authored by: Cosmin7z

I use a HDMI 2.1 from an RTX 4070 Ti and can't figure out if it's enabled or not but it kind of feels like it's not. Playing Witcher 3. So not sure. You can enable Game Mode in settings under Connected Devices > HDMI but no where does it say if it's active or not. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion