Discussion topic: Sky TV

This message was authored by Vic8 This message was authored by: Vic8

Sky TV

Hey everyone, 

my sky glass is not working- the music is fine but voices are muffled. We have reset the TV and changed all settings. According to Sky my warranty run out in April 2024, I have been a customer for 13 years but I wasnt told about the warranty running out. I am so disapointed so do I give notice, get a smart TV and just use that? I cannot pay for a new TV. I am so disapointed as my channels do not work and I am paying a lot of money for our sky. Any suggestions? Can I take my sky glass to a shop? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you call sky and explain in some situations they have offered a refurbished set for a much lower cost.

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Also I remember a user posted that in certain circumstances there can be a loose wire inside the speaker unit .... I'm not sure this is the same issue as you have but they removed the panel and reattached the wire....... all done at your own risk of course!  But if you are going to scrap it ........

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Vic8
Topic Author
This message was authored by Vic8 This message was authored by: Vic8

Hi how do I check wires? Should I see if someone can fix it? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Vic8 wrote:

According to Sky my warranty run out in April 2024, I have been a customer for 13 years but I wasnt told about the warranty running out. 

Glass television sets are sold with a two year hardware warranty irrespective of the length of time a subscriber has been with Sky.  Sometimes they'll schedule a sales call for Sky Protect though.

@Vic8 wrote:

the music is fine but voices are muffled. 

That suggests the centre speaker is the issue as that's where voice is mostly output in a 5.1 mix.

@Vic8 wrote:

Can I take my sky glass to a shop? 

You can get anyone you feel is suitable to look at it, but 'repairers' are pretty scarce these days.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Vic8 

Adding an eARC soundbar over HDMI #2 could be an alternative to repair or replacement.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Vic8 

Adding an eARC soundbar over HDMI #2 could be an alternative to repair or replacement.

Good suggestion........

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion