Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by JerseyLife This message was authored by: JerseyLife

Sky Stream Sound/Picture out of sync

Been working fine for 2 years but last few days, intermittent sound/picture being out of sync. Happens on all channels. Happens on average once and hour. Do I need a new puck ?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Stream Sound/Picture out of sync

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JerseyLife  Sky are aware of this lip sync issue and have been working towards a solution.  There is a large thread on the subject HERE

So you don't need to wade through the thread Sky have suggested that while they find a permanent solution a temporary workaround is to change your audio settings to PCM or Passthrough.  Personally I have mine n Dolby Digital + and don't see the issue.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

gold channel out of sync

still gold out of sync the rest off channels ok after changing to pcm many thanks 

This message was authored by kittencatkatie This message was authored by: kittencatkatie

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

I've just switched back to Sky Stream after two years of BT TV this morning, and coming back in and turning the tv on just now, have encountered this problem.

I've read everything from page 6 of this forum onwards, so I'm well informed, and have done the PCM workaround, which appeared to be immediately successful. As someone else has remarked, though, the sound appears a little more tinny, and 'luckily' I am not one of those people running the audio through an external speaker/system. 

Either way, it seems insane for this to have been a (very impactful) known issue for at least 3 weeks, and 2 after being acknowledged by an employee and a test fix trialled with very mixed success, and still have the effect clear on a brand new, immediately fully-updated, puck.

Can we be sure the workaround will continue to be effective, and will be notified if the issue is sorted, as it certainly should be?

It's really not a good welcome back to the Sky TV ecosystem after two years in the wilderness. One of the reasons I was fully convinced to make the leap back was the ludicrous scenario experienced over the past couple of months with BT TV in which, over internet mode, any time subtitles were turned either on or off, the picture and audio would freeze entirely and jump for a second!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@kittencatkatie Welcome back 😀.  I don't disagree with you at all so let's hope there is a fix in the next update. Personally I have my puck set on the Dolby Digital + audio option and the only drawback I have found is I need the volume up a touch higher but at least there is no lip sync.

The trial fix that Sky ran with some volunteers (as mentioned earlier in the thread) had mixed results which is presumably why it was not rolled out to everyone.  I guess patience is the name of the game for us all.

This message was authored by Eve16 This message was authored by: Eve16

Sound on tv not in snyc

Sound is not in sync watching sky tv

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Sound on tv not in snyc

Try changing the Audio output from the settings menu to Passthrough 

This message was authored by Arthur2236 This message was authored by: Arthur2236

Why does Sky Stream appear to be out of sync specifically on BBC Channels

We are new to Sky Stream and are relatively happy with the service. However, we are finding that the streaming sync between audio and video is lost especially on the BBC Channels and even more so during daytime viewing. Our broadband provider (EE) has advised that they have no issues. Could you advise why the loss of synchronisation is happening

Re: Why does Sky Stream appear to be out of sync specifically on BBC Channels

@Arthur2236 Welcome to Stream and the forum.  The lip sync issue is known to Sky who have suggested that whilst they find a permanent solution you change your audio to PCM or passthrough (see post 77 above).  Personally mine is set to Dolby Digital + and I don't see any lip sync problem.

This whole thread is related to the issue which started with an update a few weeks ago.

This message was authored by Arthur2236 This message was authored by: Arthur2236

Re: Why does Sky Stream appear to be out of sync specifically on BBC Channels

Thanks for help Fother's, I've done as you suggest and I've set audio delay on the Puck and my Sky Sound box, which links between the puck and the TV (Panasoonic 55F model). All seems to be OK.

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Random software update jump today from QS025.017.00P to QS027.508.00P

Anyone else?

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————

@Paul+Dray Yes, that is correct.  There was no QS026 update as it was rolled into QS027

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Paul+Dray Yes, that is correct.  There was no QS026 update as it was rolled into QS027

Ok understand that. Presumably this update includes the fix for the lip sync issue people have been having? I've not had any problems myself using passthrough to my av amp so can't check for people 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS027.508.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————

@Paul+Dray  Like you I didn't see much in the way of lip sync issues but I have been experimenting  with my audio setting today and so far have still not had any issues.

This message was authored by JasonLee This message was authored by: JasonLee

Unfortunately, the update hasn't solved the lip sync issue. Warning FYI: it actually changed my audio setting back to Dolby Digital from PCM Stereo which I was only using as the workaround; had to change it back to PCM Stereo in order to have a lip-synced puck!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion