Discussion topic: Sky Sports UHD freezing either side of ad breaks.

This message was authored by Sue+Redfern This message was authored by: Sue+Redfern

Re: Sky Sports UHD freezing either side of ad breaks.

Brand new UHD / Glass customer and experienced this first time watching yesterday. Thought it was our sky broadband but thankful it's not.  It's not a big issue but annoying that there's a temp pause / freeze when leaving and returning to programme from adverts.  Hope they get it fixed - like someone said we are paying a decent hike for UHD 

tweetSP0RT
Topic Author
This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

Unsurprisingly I've heard nothing from Sky whilst I was specifically told there are no timescales I'm 99% certain the advisor said they'd keep on top of it for me and let me know how it was going.

Really not sure what the point is with this forum/calling Sky as they just leave you in the dark. I've had issues with BT TV too but in fairness  one of the devs will keep an eye on their forums and often go the extra mile to sort things (they forced an update to fix an issue with my box only recently).

This message was authored by gszab1 This message was authored by: gszab1

That's a huge shame that there's still no word from sky on this subject. It's like a slap in the face to the customers. Don't hide from us, we pay quite a lot for the service.

This message was authored by SteveWestrip This message was authored by: SteveWestrip

I am beginning to suspect it is the transition from the UHD program to HD adverts and back again.

This message was authored by Reas11 This message was authored by: Reas11

Sometimes I loose audio permanently when it freezes for the adverts. Having to change the input to get it back. It's definitely to do with the switch from Atmos to PCM for the adverts. Unsure if my Yamaha receiver or the Sky Stream is at fault however

This message was authored by SteveWestrip This message was authored by: SteveWestrip

I have never had that problem, only the momentary freezes.

This message was authored by Mr+Michael+P This message was authored by: Mr+Michael+P

I am pretty sure this happens when the audio changes the main show is in Dolby atmos the adverts are not when the audio changes the picture freezes a few second at the start of ad breaks. Should have been sorted by now. 

This message was authored by Jon+Reeve This message was authored by: Jon+Reeve

Happening to me also on all live sporting events across Sky Sports channels when they transition to and from breaks. Been happening for weeks.

This message was authored by Stephenbtc This message was authored by: Stephenbtc

Me too and I did post this several weeks ago with no response from anyone in the community. This happens with SkyGlass TV.

I contacted Sky at the the time I posted the problem and was told that if it persists, which it has, they would send another TV. My BB is fine according to the tests.

There are occassional Keystone Cops moments with UHD too where all of a sudden the picture speeds up - almost like it's trying to catch up. The fact this happens on UHD and not HD suggests to me some sort of data issue either with the TV or router. It could also be a connecting cable problem? 

The weird thing is though why the delay cutting from live feed to ads and vice-versa (I get 2 freezes when ads cut in, and 2 when itgoes back to live UHD). It's almost like because the ads are not UHD(?) this causes an issue?

This message was authored by TellyTart This message was authored by: TellyTart

This happens on both my pucks on the transition to/from commercial breaks on every channel,  not just Sky Sports F1 UHD. 

it's been happening since day 1 of receiving my pucks in July. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion