Discussion topic: Sky Sports UHD freezing either side of ad breaks.

This message was authored by billyb.b This message was authored by: billyb.b

Re: Sky Sports UHD freezing either side of ad breaks.

Dont you just love the fact that Sky email you to say that the update to 1.2 is free. So generous thatthey are not making us pay for updates to fix their own problems.

tweetSP0RT
Topic Author
This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

Is anyone else is having a deterioration of this problem?

Since yesterday I've had a number of times where the picture has frozen completely, changing channels and then changing back fixes it

This message was authored by gszab1 This message was authored by: gszab1

@tweetSP0RT 

No such problems here (with puck).

tweetSP0RT
Topic Author
This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

OK thanks maybe that's just my puck then I'm still getting the short freezing as well.  The 'permafreeze' seems to happen when it has been on the same channel for a while.

This message was authored by gmhaggis This message was authored by: gmhaggis

@Chrisee wrote:

@tweetSP0RT & @A+JW by default Sky insert smart ads linked to your profile which do occasionally glitch a bit. You can opt out of the service and get the normal ads which haven't glitched on my set. The option is here https://www.sky.com/mydetails/data-and-personalisation

Thats really interesting. Giving it a shot to see if it helps with my issue of sound cutting out when TV content moves to and from ads - Still-having-audio-issues-with-Sky-Stream 

Although it wouldnt explain the same issue viewing TV shows in binge mode on Netflix.

This message was authored by Pimp This message was authored by: Pimp

Hi 

This message was authored by Pimp This message was authored by: Pimp

Won't load sport

This message was authored by gmhaggis This message was authored by: gmhaggis

@gmhaggis wrote:

@Chrisee wrote:

@tweetSP0RT & @A+JW by default Sky insert smart ads linked to your profile which do occasionally glitch a bit. You can opt out of the service and get the normal ads which haven't glitched on my set. The option is here https://www.sky.com/mydetails/data-and-personalisation

Thats really interesting. Giving it a shot to see if it helps with my issue of sound cutting out when TV content moves to and from ads - Still-having-audio-issues-with-Sky-Stream 

Although it wouldnt explain the same issue viewing TV shows in binge mode on Netflix.

nope...makes no difference 😠

tweetSP0RT
Topic Author

So another week on still getting this issue I guess there's zero chance of Sky acknowledging it!

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @tweetSP0RT 

Have you contacted Sky and reported the issue? 

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
tweetSP0RT
Topic Author

Just as a update I got around to calling Sky today, after the usual checking speed etc. someone did something remotely that required the puck to be turned off etc.  However this made no difference as soon as the first advert break in the T20 Finals Day coverage came along the issue reoccured so instructed I rang them back. 

I spoke to Sky since but they now say I need to give some more time (I'm pretty sceptical) but we'll see if anything changes during the day if not I'll be back on the phone tomorrow!

tweetSP0RT
Topic Author

So after a busy few days managed to get through to Sky again and was told it's been logged but no ETA as to a fix so if anyone else is still having this issue giving Sky a call might help bump it up the list of priorities to be fixed.

This message was authored by gszab1 This message was authored by: gszab1

Would be nice if we could get a more detailed feedback from a Sky employee, this bug has been present for too long now.

This message was authored by SteveWestrip This message was authored by: SteveWestrip

+1 for this issue. It has been happening for a few weeks now.

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

I have the issue too. Not a major issue but it exists for me +1

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion