Discussion topic: Sky Sports Offer

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Sky Sports Offer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

On my the MySky I've got a offer off Sky Sports £20 for 18 months then it says below going to £27 from April seems a bit odd to me so would I be paying £20 for 18 months or £27 for £15 months 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Sports Offer

@CardiffMan1992 I imagine it is the standard price of £25pm that will be rising to £27pm from 1st April so a special offer of £20 should IMHO be honoured.  However, I would be inclined to contact Sky to make sure 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Goldcoast This message was authored by: Goldcoast

I enquired into that offer yesterday and was told it's for sky q customers only, since with glass you have 30 days rolling contracts. Sky q don't get that. 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

A few offers like that but I think it's the system being silly in showing Q offers.

This one shows for me even though I have sports on Glass.

@CardiffMan1992 could you screenshot and post the offer?

4B50C6B7-15D5-4E2F-918C-DD710EF5DB23.jpeg

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Goldcoast and @Tim+Adams That's interesting as the offer is showing on my own MySky.  It seems a bit pointless to advertise it as an option for me when I have Glass. No wonder it is causing confusion.

This message was authored by Joe-Bow This message was authored by: Joe-Bow

I have this offer too.  States monthly rolling contract, but as it goes up to £27 on April 1st for me, it's not quite the deal it appears.2CC3F2CB-39EF-4DD6-8F04-5DE3C12D8113.jpeg

CardiffMan1992
Topic Author
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Tim+Adams 

Sure seems a bit off an odd one how on one line you can say £20 for 18 months but then £27 less then 2 months into these 18 months 

9639B4C8-D275-432A-AC56-592F10E998BF.png

CardiffMan1992
Topic Author

@Goldcoast 

Yeah I figured I would ask on forum first before I contacted Sky but that's on MySky App at present I was due to get Sky Sports back in a couple of weeks for F1

This message was authored by Suskha This message was authored by: Suskha

@CardiffMan1992 wrote:

@Goldcoast 

Yeah I figured I would ask on forum first before I contacted Sky but that's on MySky App at present I was due to get Sky Sports back in a couple of weeks for F1

Please let us know what Sky says on this - I'm about to sign up for F1 too and £20 a month sounds great - thank you.

This message was authored by L3g3nd This message was authored by: L3g3nd

I rejoined with the offer this week for F1 upcoming, in my future bills it is showing from April as £22, so I think basically you are getting a £5 reduction  which means Sports is going up by £2 ,from April but looks like the offer is basically £5 off of price I think!!

This message was authored by L3g3nd This message was authored by: L3g3nd

It looks like all services are going up by 1 or 2 pounds for everything!

It makes sense that the offer price would go up but remain £5 cheaper than the full subscription

A few years ago, when F1 Sport was first made available, it was possible to have it on its own but now you have to take the whole Sport package which is a pity. I have no interest in Football which is mostly what you are paying for in the Sport subscription.

This message was authored by Joe-Bow This message was authored by: Joe-Bow

@Fothergill1 Doesn't look like that on my offer.  The only definitive here is that it will be increasing to £27 on 1st April.  If that's not the case, this offer is exceptionally badly worded.  

@Fothergill1 wrote:

It makes sense that the offer price would go up but remain £5 cheaper than the full subscription

A few years ago, when F1 Sport was first made available, it was possible to have it on its own but now you have to take the whole Sport package which is a pity. I have no interest in Football which is mostly what you are paying for in the Sport subscription.

95DA35AF-F59A-40DB-910E-E409FC006C2D.jpeg

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Joe-Bow 

Agreed the wording can be read in two ways 

I would like to think you would still get the £5 reduction in this offer for the term of the offer ...........

seems the most reasonable interpretation 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
CardiffMan1992
Topic Author

@Jporch316 

I wonder how ASA would take it as they don't like misleading or confusing messages 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion